zZounds Sub Phatty

Everything Sub.
jags

zZounds Sub Phatty

Post by jags » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:51 am

I see that some folks have received their Sub Phattys. I ordered mine from zZounds on Jan. 28th and zZounds is telling me they have not received there stock yet and are expecting delivery the first week of April. Are some suppliers getting their stock before others? Anyone order from zZounds and have gotten their Sub Phatty? What suppliers are shipping already?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

Solaris

Re: zZounds Sub Phatty

Post by Solaris » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Hello,
I'm also entering Moog world with the sub as I was not really attracted by modern Moog sound till now :wink:
This question is legit as I have preordered the sub on the 7th February and I'm surprised seeing many people getting their without pre ordering which clearly means, I guess , some shop have a direct stock (or a nice connection) -;)

Oski604

Post by Oski604 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Hello.. new member here..
I also ordered it the first week of Feb. from GC and today they haven't received their orders yet.
What's happeniiiing??

jags

Post by jags » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:42 am

Solaris wrote: I have preordered the sub on the 7th February and I'm surprised seeing many people getting their without pre ordering
Where did you preorder yours from? Do you know if those that are already getting theirs are all getting them from the same place? Can anyone from Moog let us know when they will be shipping to the major retailers like zZounds?

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:08 am

Jrrshop (really nice service I have to say, highly recommended.)
Well maybe there is more orders than expected and it is not manufactured in China (meaning it is not as easy to increase expert man power I suppose). I don't know from where people who have one have ordered, it is not limited to sub phatty but it is a general issue these days (Push for ableton for example ) it seems manufacturers are giving to some distributors or end users (which is fair to create a buzz) but it is not nice for other customers...

It will not be worse than minibrute story hopefully 8)

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

I like JRR shop too.

10% off new customer discount
10% off return customer discount
free shipping

Clear communication!

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 am

If you go to the Taurus Bass website (taurusbass.com) and check out the owners list, what you will see is the serial number of the unit and the day they received it. What this shows is that sometimes people got their orders a lot later than others but had lower serial numbers. Lets say for instance that someone lived in Brazil, and they preordered in January. Moog would have to manufacture a run of units bound for Brazil which might be much later but would have earlier serial numbers.

So like if Sweetwater ordered 150 units, and Guitar Center ordered a bundle and ZZ sounds ordered a bundle, it really should be first come first served. But when you don't order directly from Moog, you have to get in the queue of people who bought from a store, and the store has to get in a queue of other dealers that placed orders.

So the question you might want to find out is the people who got their Subs already...where did they order?

I don't remember exactly what the number was I think maybe they make less than 10 Voyagers per day, and I think maybe they made like 6-8 Taurus Pedals per day. You just have to be really patient, and if you have your receipt you will be fine. One day you will get a box in the mail and you will be really happy.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Oski604

Post by Oski604 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 am

EricK wrote: I don't remember exactly what the number was I think maybe they make less than 10 Voyagers per day, and I think maybe they made like 6-8 Taurus Pedals per day.
Intereseting..
That's a really small number, and I can imagine all the work they put into each one.

jags

Post by jags » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

Yeah I'm figuring the people that are getting them already are those that Moog endorses and also those that ordered directly from Moog. Would make sense as Moog would get full retail for any orders made directly with them. Also since both Guitar Center and zZounds still are waiting I'm sure other retailers are still waiting also. Don't think it would be good business for Moog to favor one over the other and they are probably just manufacturing and stock piling so that they can send out batches to all the major retailers at the same time.

It would be nice to find out where the people who got their Subs already ordered from. probably directly from Moog.

We just need to remain patient and at least it seems most of us have been. Not like the craziness happening with all those people waiting for the Korg MS-20 Mini!!

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm

So nice people, some new lucky users around ? :D still waiting an email... :cry: