Sub Phatty - Arpeggiator in Update?

Everything Sub.
nightfur

Sub Phatty - Arpeggiator in Update?

Post by nightfur » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:49 am

Does anyone know if the Sub Phatty will be able to receive an arpeggiator via an OS update?

ZYKLIFF

Re: Sub Phatty - Arpeggiator in Update?

Post by ZYKLIFF » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

That seems like a nice idea, like the Taurus III and the other Phatty's, an Arp would be cool, but regarding the interface, how hard would it be to configure it? No dedicated knob or Menu to dive into. Might be tough.

I suppose there is the VST workaround, to configure Your advanced preset in there... and a 2nd function knob press to activate it on the panel per patch. :idea:

ZYKLIFF

Post by ZYKLIFF » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 am

Come to think of it, an Arpeggiator should be inevitable. I surmise the team is working on this due to the sound clip on the Sub Phatty page... Awesome Arp sound from percussive B3-esque sweeps to the Multi-Drive Awesomeness and all the range in between. What a badass synth.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 am

Could be an extern one.

That being, Amos stated the guys at MoogMusic were listening to the users here, some of us started to ask a step sequencer. Wait and see and enjoy :)

mico

Post by mico » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 am

ZYKLIFF wrote:Come to think of it, an Arpeggiator should be inevitable. I surmise the team is working on this due to the sound clip on the Sub Phatty page... Awesome Arp sound from percussive B3-esque sweeps to the Multi-Drive Awesomeness and all the range in between. What a badass synth.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it is inevitable, considering Moog has released synths in the past that are without their arpeggiator. For instance, the Voyager. I'm not sure if they ever did add an arp to it down the road, but when I had one, there wasn't one. Since the Sub Phatty's UI is far more akin to a Voyager than the rest of Phatty family, this could be one of the reasons why the Sub Phatty will not cannibalize the Little Phatty in regards to sales. I dearly hope not, considering I sold my LP SE II for the Sub Phatty, but the possibility cannot be ruled out until a definitive answer is given. I knew the risk before taking the dive, but I just couldn't avert my eyes from that knobby, knobby UI.
stiiiiiiive wrote:Could be an extern one.
It very well could be.
stiiiiiiive wrote:That being, Amos stated the guys at MoogMusic were listening to the users here, some of us started to ask a step sequencer.
My, what fun that'd be! I don't know which I'd prefer more though; the playability of the LP arpeggiator was an absolute joy.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

Moogus

Post by Moogus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Would it be hard to implement an arpegiator into firmware, really ??

Through menus guess both octave switches pressed followed by patch selection for at least four basic arp presets: up, down, random, etc.. for user arp presets just add bank switch to the patch selection with both octave switches.

Makes sense to me, hope it's possible.

C'mon super Amos !!
A nearly has been...

SlamBlambacid

Post by SlamBlambacid » Tue May 14, 2013 3:44 pm

At least can you confirm if you are planning to add the arpeggiator later ??
Because otherwise I'm gonna buy a Little Phatty.

Thanks

Beta Cloud

Post by Beta Cloud » Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 pm

loving my new subby, but an arpeggiator update would make me keep it forever!
PLEASE MOOG, MAKE IT SO!!!

nightfur

Post by nightfur » Tue May 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Just received my Sub Phatty - it is GREAT! I will be selling my Mini Brute soon. Moog is really getting things right with this one - just need better CV connectivity and perhaps internal arpeggiator for fun.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Tue May 28, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm already a Little Phatty owner and soon to get my Sub Phatty. I don't understand the request for arpeggio on the Sub... why don't you use an external arpeggiator/sequencer?? I really don't know anything better than the iPad for this. There are a lot of great applications to do this and you get the same results with just a USB cable.

I don't think the interface allows a good set up for arps either... kind like the Minitaur.

:)
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

nightfur

Post by nightfur » Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 pm

I think a simple arp would be fun and useful. I have a few apps like Stereo Poly Arp, but its so complex it can take too much time if all you want is to dial up a simple old school pattern. Do you know of an iPad app that has just simple up/down, random, octaves functionality? I haven't been able to find one surprisingly.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 pm

No, I don't. I can search one for you!
I'll ask some friends and will bring back an answer. ;)
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

nightfur

Post by nightfur » Tue May 28, 2013 9:51 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:Could be an extern one.

That being, Amos stated the guys at MoogMusic were listening to the users here, some of us started to ask a step sequencer. Wait and see and enjoy :)
A full CV breakout box would be so great. Imagine the possibilities when integrating the SP into a Eurorack modular!

dswo

Post by dswo » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 pm

nightfur wrote:I think a simple arp would be fun and useful. I have a few apps like Stereo Poly Arp, but its so complex it can take too much time if all you want is to dial up a simple old school pattern. Do you know of an iPad app that has just simple up/down, random, octaves functionality? I haven't been able to find one surprisingly.
Look at Arpeggionome Pro (or Arpeggionome for iPhone with the MIDI extra purchase).
David Wilson-Okamura

matcaster

Post by matcaster » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 am

any news about a arpeggiator and/or step sequencer ?