Help! Continuous note playing…

Everything Sub.
iversonnr

Help! Continuous note playing…

Post by iversonnr » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:28 pm

There is a D that is consistently playing across all presets, and does not seem to be related to a physical key because the same note is playing regardless of whether I switch the KB octave. It also doesn’t seem to be midi related because I’ve unplugged it from MIDI and turned off ingoing and outgoing midi as well as local control and no change. Before just taking it into a shop, wanted to see if others have ideas of what I might be missing. Thanks in advance!

MrChumley

Re: Help! Continuous note playing…

Post by MrChumley » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:24 am

If you’ve got a hanging note you need to either press the relevant key to get a note off or send a midi reset (all notes off) from your DAW. If the note plays all the time it will likely be a hardware issue.

charlescavalier

Post by charlescavalier » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:48 am

welll,... I think you should check for stuck or hanging MIDI messages. Although you've mentioned disconnecting the MIDI connections and turning off incoming and outgoing MIDI, it's still worth double-checking if there are any hanging MIDI messages. To do this, reconnect the MIDI cables and observe the MIDI activity on your computer or MIDI interface. Look for any sustained or stuck MIDI note messages being sent from the synthesizer. If you notice any, try sending an All Notes Off message (MIDI CC 123) to clear any hanging notes. :D

cadgesneaky

Post by cadgesneaky » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm

drive mad Thank you so much