Sub 37 Editor and macOS Big Sur compatibility issues

Everything Sub.
onpurpose

Sub 37 Editor and macOS Big Sur compatibility issues

Post by onpurpose » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 am

Hello, after have sent reports to customer support without successful answer, I am posting my question on the forum.

I recently updated to macOS 11 Big Sur.
All my software are working well, including DAWs, my only problem is the sub 37 editor.

When using as standalone or as plugin in Fruity Loops or Ableton Live, I experience those issues :
- very important CPU activity, freezing the display of the computer and making everything slow
- the editor doesn’t react to the control of my physical knobs.

Is there anyone else experiencing this CPU panic ? Maybe a midi channel could have gone wrong ?

Thank you for your valuable feedback

PlushElderGod

Re: Sub 37 Editor and macOS Big Sur compatibility issues

Post by PlushElderGod » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:37 am

Same issue here with Big Sur and the Sub 37 editor. Choppy graphics, extremely slow, does not properly sync between the app (standalone and VST) and the Sub 37. Would be great to get an update to this amazing program! Best, Plush

bkbelton

Post by bkbelton » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Subsequent 37 CV user here. The standalone app runs and knobs respond, but the graphics are all messed up for me (see screenshot). The AU doesn't even load in Logic.
Subsequent 37 CV FW
macOS 10.13 / iOS11
Logic Pro X 10.3.2
Reaper 5.52
https://soundcloud.com/user7183996

Zev Miller

Post by Zev Miller » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 am

onpurpose wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 am Hello, after have sent reports to customer support without successful answer, I am posting my question on the forum.

I recently updated to macOS 11 Big Sur.
All my software are working well, including DAWs, my only problem is the sub 37 editor.

When using as standalone or as plugin in Fruity Loops or Ableton Live, I experience those issues :
- very important CPU activity, freezing the display of the computer and making everything slow
- the editor doesn’t react to the control of my physical knobs.

Is there anyone else experiencing this CPU panic ? Maybe a midi channel could have gone wrong ?

Thank you for your valuable feedback
I am also interested in solving the problem. Thank you for your inquiry. Guys, sorry for the offtopic, but I decided to write my question here so as not to create a new topic. My question is about software, and more specifically about building an effective software development team. I read some information on the Internet about teambuilding and the peculiarities of the team in the field of software. If anyone has experience with this, I would be very grateful for your advice.
Last edited by Zev Miller on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

synthury

Post by synthury » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 am

Any update or feedback about this subject ?

pinkles

Post by pinkles » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Just bumping this and reporting more of the same. I'm on a 2019 MBP running 11.2.1. While interacting with s37 plug in(Ableton host) seems to affect the s37 in real time - there is such a significant lag with the UI that its not really usable. Also the graphics representing the knobs have a weird sort of cross-hatched 8 bit look to them now.

gian77

Post by gian77 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Same issue here with a Macbook Pro M1 and macOS Big Sur, graphics are completely messy :?
Please Moog, help us :wink:
Sub 37 (FW 1.2.0 / 1.0.1), Minitaur (FW 2.2.2 / 3.3.0), MF-Drive & MF-Delay
Ableton Live 11 on macOS Big Sur v11.2.3

Thomas_Manzanares

Post by Thomas_Manzanares » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 am

synthury wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 am Any update or feedback about this subject ?
Yep, I'd like to find it!

hbiscuit

Post by hbiscuit » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Same UI problems for me on Mac running Big Sur/11.4. The software is a huge part of interacting with the instrument, so it would be a huge benefit to the players.

The Sirin's editor software works perfectly standalone or plugin with Big Sur. From the outside, it doesn't seem like a big stretch to update the Sub 37's editor to fix these problems.

All that said, Moog, please give us some feedback. Thanks.

db3

Post by db3 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

I contacted support a couple of days ago and received a link to a 1.1.1 version for Sub37 CV. Works better than the public version, but still has a huge lag, produces stuck notes and odd noises, and often starts up with a held note.

*edit* the worst of the problems seem to be caused by firmware 1.3.2 on my Sub CV within Ableton. I downgraded to 1.3.1 and now things are more stable with the 1.1.1 editor. The editor still shows a huge amount of lag and produces odd behaviour. I still don't feel it's usable.

redlester

Post by redlester » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:49 am

Is this still an issue? I am about to go from Catalina to Big Sur as a clean install.

We are on the verge of Monterey being released so I would have expected Big Sur compatibility to not be an issue by now!

redlester

Post by redlester » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Just to add here, I now have the Sub 37 & Sirin editors both installed on Big Sur without any noticeable problems.

What I would say is that these were installed after a clean install of Big Sur, not done via an upgrade. The only time I've had a major problem with the Sub 37 editor was when I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave a few years back.

Circuit3

Post by Circuit3 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:39 am

redlester wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm Just to add here, I now have the Sub 37 & Sirin editors both installed on Big Sur without any noticeable problems.

What I would say is that these were installed after a clean install of Big Sur, not done via an upgrade. The only time I've had a major problem with the Sub 37 editor was when I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave a few years back.
Are you using an M1 Mac?

Sardino

Post by Sardino » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:41 pm

I just updated to Big Sur from high Sierra and sub 37 editors graphics look bad and choppy
Using an intel Mac

benway

Post by benway » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:02 am

I'm still on Big Sur, graphics are bad and relatively unresponsive compared to how they used to be on Ableton.

Which I could kinda live with, but I've recently moved to Bitwig and the vst is a bit of a disaster. I want to use it to send modulation to my Sub 37 which is obviously where Bitwig excels, however it doesn't even seem to be passing midi notes at the moment. It did work ok for a couple of sessions but now seems to be totally borked, firmware update and reinstall didn't help. It's also showing weird behaviour where it initiates calibration seemingly out of nowhere.

Hopefully an update will land before too long, it's badly needed.