New Old School On The Way?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
The Analog Organist

Re: New Old School On The Way?

Post by The Analog Organist » Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Why does the new Moog Music website allow you to add to your cart the Voyager Old School, as if it were again available?
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Because they've made a bunch more. Several dealers currently have them in stock as well.

How can this not be a good thing?

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Thu May 05, 2011 10:49 pm

You say it is true? How do you know? This is shockingly good news - that Moog has manufactured additional Old Schools. Every body has been saying it would never happen.
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 pm

This has likely bee said/written before, but I'd really like to see a XL sized Old School but I'd like to see it slightly modified to have Midi (like Model D), to have Midi clock drive the LFOs optionally, but otherwise have no presets, no display... Old School in every other regard.

I love turning off my OS then come back a few days later and have it exactly as I left it... makes perfect sense that the patching component of the VX and CP integration belong on the Old School platform.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Fri May 06, 2011 9:55 am

Moog has produced a small number of Voyager Old Schools, which are for sale directly from the website. But it sounds as if they'll be available only for the time being.
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

miniluke

Post by miniluke » Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 am

Did you ask, how many have been made in the end?
Please have a look: http://www.vintagesynthshop.com/Moog-Vo ... aaabCa.asp

The Moog VOYAGER OLD SCHOOL is no longer manufactured, less than 700 were produced and the success is here, only a few pieces are available worldwide. Vintagesynthshop is honored to offer for sale some of the last few copies. We are official Moog dealer, the Moog Voyager Old School for sale here is new in its box, and come with a one year manufacturer's warranty.

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

"...There are only a few left to build and ship to our authorized dealers."

As is obvious from the Moog website, you can also order the Old School directly from Moog.
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Fri May 06, 2011 3:04 pm

EMwhite wrote:I love turning off my OS then come back a few days later and have it exactly as I left it... makes perfect sense that the patching component of the VX and CP integration belong on the Old School platform.
FWIW, I know that statement is true and for those the have VX and CP functionality enjoy that existence but a Voyager XL Old School needs polyphony to be more luring.
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M