Voyager Anniversary super Noob

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Gladmarr

Voyager Anniversary super Noob

Post by Gladmarr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 am

Hi everyone, I have recently picked up a 50th Anniversary Moog Voyager, and it would seem I've managed to do something dumb.

I got this baby used, and I really love it. I was imagining it would be a good idea to get out all of the changes to the factory presets the previous user had put in, so I went in and restored the factory presets. This didn't exactly do what I thought it would. It seems to have erased all of the Anniversary presets and replaced them with the Zon 25 presets (I'm going by what they're called in the Voyager Editor software).

Okay, so here's what I know about this thing. It's running OS version 2.1, it doesn't have any of the hardware upgrades, so I think it's still factory stock from the time it was built. I've downloaded the Voyager Editor in hopes of simply replacing the preset bank (it only has one bank of 128 presets), but it doesn't seem to work. I can play the keyboard from the editor and the editor seems to see when I'm playing the keyboard, but the whole preset transmit/receive isn't happening.

I am a total noob when it comes to Midi - I'm a guitarist, so I've never needed it. This may be the whole problem.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 8)

EricK

Re: Voyager Anniversary super Noob

Post by EricK » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the forum and great catch on that 50th Anniversary Voyager!

Id reccomend that you join the knob tweak yahoo users group. There they have the factory presets for the Voyager including the anniversary edition.

Voyager>Voyager patches-Factory>Anniversary Edition Presets.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KnobTweak/

It is a great resource for we Moog enthusiasts who like to share all kinds of info.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.