Voyager Performer Edition

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
converted1

Voyager Performer Edition

Post by converted1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello you clever people, I am new to this site and have joined as I am about to buy my first Moog. I live in the UK and although the money may not mean anything to you USA guys `n girls my question is a simple one to which I can find no answer.
What is the difference between a Voyager Performer edition compared to Electric Blue and Select Series edition?
I know the Electric blue comes with a black finish and blue backlighting....
Select Series comes in a choice of finishes and different backlighting....
However the Voyager Performer edition just comes as it is but (in the uk at least) is not the cheapest!!!
When I`ve looked through the spec.....technically it`s identical to the others...
So can anybody explain if there are ANY differences to other Voyager models?
E.G on prices in pounds sterling
Voyager:
Whitewash 2,420.84
Electric Blue 2,343.34
Select Series 2,371.43
Performer 2,361.78
I hope someone can help so I don`t buy a Performer edition and waste money for nothing extra compared to an Electric Blue edition...but personaly I dont like the black finish.
Thanks for your help in advance 8)

mayidunk

Re: Voyager Performer Edition

Post by mayidunk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 pm

There is no functional difference between them. The Performer, Electric Blue, and Select Series are all the same synth inside.

barrie

Post by barrie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 am

Hiya, I'm in the UK too.
I bought my performer through Red Dog music and got a good price. I notice that Thomman are offering them for £2,293. I've used them several times and orders arrive really quickly despite them being in Germany.
Good luck
Barrie

nick braithwaite

Post by nick braithwaite » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi, mate; I'm also from UK. Money certainly means something to me...but all it ever actually says to me is "goodbye".. My prices are from last year & so may not be accurate, but I got a good deal from Digital Village for my Performer, so give them a try if you haven't already. They have several branches (mine is Southampton) as well as a web-site; sometimes going into a shop and sweet-talking someone can help...a bit! I found prices varied enormously with different firms. The money you save on the pretty lights and different finishes could go towards more gear...just a thought. I think the Performer looks gorgeous just as it is....and a Moogerfooger or two will sound better than a coloured light :wink: Anyway, good luck. You will find this a very helpful & friendly forum, so stick with it & ask again if you get stuck with something. Cheers, Nick.

barrie

Post by barrie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Nick, I agree with your comments about saving on bells and whistles and investing in moogerfoogers instead.
I love the look of my Performer too particularly with its gooseneck lamp.
Barrie (Plymouth).