I just got my minimoog voyager!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
jayswami

I just got my minimoog voyager!

Post by jayswami » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi,
I just opened the box and set it up. The first i noticed after turning it on was that all the preset pataches, if i press the keys very lightly, below a certain threshold no, the sound is not triggered. where can i change this threshold, set the velocity curve.. or is there something wrong with my voyager?

Jay

Wyrm

Post by Wyrm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi, got similar problem with my Voyager OS (received it today).

Check out this thread:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8527

There's a problem qith OS Voyagers in general, especially with lower C, from what I can see here.

Hopefully it's easy to fix on your own, as shipping my Moog back to the USA would be really costly.

By the way, I've got now Voyager performer and the OS model. And I'm quite surpised that they have different keyboards. My Performer keyboard seems a better quality built. The OS keyboard feels a bit cheaper in comparison with Perf. Don't know why. The OS keyb doesn't have weights under each key, which is really strange, because the Performer has weights under the keys (or some kind of plastic or whatever).
Anyone had opportunity to test both units? Anybody has same experiences?

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Sounds like the OS has the same keyboard as the Phatty
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

Wyrm

Post by Wyrm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm

No, phatty's got different keyb - that I can tell :). The OS's keyb is almost the same as the one in performer - minus the weights.

jayswami

Post by jayswami » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:24 pm

i have the voyager select mahagony-jade.

after reading all the posts on this issue in this forums, i decided to just give my keyboard a thorough workout rather than opening it up and filing the keybed.. its much much better after a exhausting 30 minute workout i gave it.. pretty much hit every key hard.. the response is way better now and for 70% of the keys its 100% now. I am gonna keep giving it a work out this week, and then re-asses. maybe all it needs is a good breaking in :)

jayswami

Post by jayswami » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:26 pm

BTW this forum rocks!! I cant imagine what moog newbies like me would do without it!
Last edited by jayswami on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 pm

jayswami wrote:BTW this forum rocks!! I cant imagine what moog newbies like me woull do do without it!
Speaking the truth! I gained a lot from this forum.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

miditerranean

Post by miditerranean » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm

A couple of the lower keys on my OS are like this as well. Not too big of a deal but sometimes I like to play them gently and it's noticeable.