Backing up for Voyager's 896 patches

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Emil

Backing up for Voyager's 896 patches

Post by Emil » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 am

Unless I'm mistaken the editor and sys.ex.lib are both tricky when backing up voices. For this reason I've had little time perusing the editor's great flexibility for patch building.

When "recording many" in sys.lib there's only one message of 18 kb.
Once the G bank did show the likely amount of 50 messages. I haven't a way to load all banks, while using load or receive w/ editor or 'record many' from sys.ex. Anyway, I'd like to get it right.

Is this user error, a voyager upgrade deficit, or does a bank just register the one message? If there's some success w/ a mac intel and back up for this great number of patches I'd be interested.

Thanks, N

Acid Mitch

Re: Backing up for Voyager's 896 patches

Post by Acid Mitch » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 am

Emil wrote:Unless I'm mistaken the editor and sys.ex.lib are both tricky when backing up voices. For this reason I've had little time perusing the editor's great flexibility for patch building.

When "recording many" in sys.lib there's only one message of 18 kb.
Once the G bank did show the likely amount of 50 messages. I haven't a way to load all banks, while using load or receive w/ editor or 'record many' from sys.ex. Anyway, I'd like to get it right.

Is this user error, a voyager upgrade deficit, or does a bank just register the one message? If there's some success w/ a mac intel and back up for this great number of patches I'd be interested.

Thanks, N
Have you tried a different MIDI interface for your computer ?
I find some synth/MIDI interface combinations to be troublesome.