new guy - old school

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
enomis

new guy - old school

Post by enomis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm

hello all... as the new guy in town I just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Just received my Voyager Old School yesterday... my first moog instrument... and was up until 2 in the morning exploring it's capabilities. It is such an extremely satisfying synth to play in so many ways. I find its strictness liberating.

Glad that I made the leap.

cheers,

enomis

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum and all I can say is ...

Only 2 o'clock? :D

Bon voyage...

Eric

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I am glad you like your new Old. I know exactly how you feel. Still very fresh in my mind. I think it re-freshes every time I play it 8)

And welcome here!

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 am

The Old School is still my first Moog instrument, and I remember how exciting the first month was.

Here, this is helpful: http://www.moogmusic.com/manuals/old_sc ... al_1_0.pdf

Print page 58 a few good times.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

enomis

Post by enomis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am

Thanks for the responses.

The 2nd day was just as exciting as the first :)

I am curious... is anyone else out there using MOTU's Volta plugin with the Old School? They make a great pair.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Welcome enomis, and congrats on the Old School! More sleepless nights are sure to follow as you get into this marvelous machine!

If you're not already a member (or in case you don't know about it), consider this an invitation to check out the KnobTweak site for more information on the Old School. Although much of what's currently there pertains to the original (digital) Voyager, you'll find many helpful articles, hints and tips that deal with features that are common to all Voyagers.

There are also a few Old School patch sheets to get you started. There's much more to KnobTweak than that, of course, but you're welcome to discover it all yourself. :D

-Greg