Who's with me?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
a.s.i.

Who's with me?

Post by a.s.i. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 am

Ok Moog Music, us Voyager users are feeling a bit left out here: VST Editor for the Phatty, Pattern Editor for the MF-105M. Let's see, what else did I leave out...Oh yeah, the recent OS update for the Phatty!
Here's what I want this Christmas. I want a new OS update for my Voyager with a built-in tuner in one of the sub menus, and a VST editor with a built-in analog style step sequencer.
Who's with me!? :D
Electro Beats, Synthetic Rythms

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 am

You are going to have OS 3.5 soon. Some people already have the beta version. I guess when it's stable and all bugs that may exist are ironed, Rudi will make it available.

VST-wise? Umm not really a fan of the idea.

I'd love to see an ultra cool 16-step sequencer to drive my Voyager. 8)
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a Minimoog.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm

ikazlar wrote:You are going to have OS 3.5 soon. Some people already have the beta version. I guess when it's stable and all bugs that may exist are ironed, Rudi will make it available.

VST-wise? Umm not really a fan of the idea.

I'd love to see an ultra cool 16-step sequencer to drive my Voyager. 8)
+1 on the sequencer! :)

spittingoutteeth

Post by spittingoutteeth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 am

+2 on the sequencer. I've been putting off buying a Step64 in the hopes that Moog will put one out soon.
[b]ΔΔΔ MARS PYRAMID RECORDS ΔΔΔ[/b] - www.marspyramid.com
www.myspace.com/marspyramid
[b]Aether Everywhere Records[/b] - www.aethereverywhere.com
[b]VIKOMT[/b] [i](harsh drones)[/i] - www.myspace.com/vikomt

till

Post by till » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:07 pm

With all these knobs on the Voyager, who cares for an editor. And I am not using computers for ma music anymore. Only for sysex handling and audio recordings. But no midi note data or editors.

The Little Phatty has now knobs for everything at the same time, that is why an editor might be useful.

A little universal midi up recreating a step sequencer would be nice for many users. Especially, if it would use the pitch bend data for the pitch, and not the midi notes. Part of the charm of analog step sequencers is, that they are not fixed for the chromatic scaled. They are able to play many more variation of the tempered scale. If you tune them by ear, you get perfect intervals and not the "wrong" tempered ones of the typical scale we use to play in different scales.

I real love to use my hardware digital step sequencer (a Manikin Schrittmacher) in this way. Just triggering one note and then change the notes of the sequence step by step by using pitch bend data. And this way, two notes off the same pitch are in fact not perfectly at the very same frequency. Nice analog feeling for sequences.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16