Wow after one month my voyager died...(fixed!!!!!!!)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Fogflip

Wow after one month my voyager died...(fixed!!!!!!!)

Post by Fogflip » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 pm

I was jamming out today and all of a sudden my voyager stops making noise lights are on but nobodies home. After thinking it was my audio interface i plugged my headphones into the voyager. Then all of a sudden i smell something burning. The smell is coming from the top right of the voyager and then the voices came back on for a second then died out. I left moog a message but it is after hours and have to wait till the morning. Dam it. Luckily its under warranty. Back to moogatory once again.
Last edited by Fogflip on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 pm

That stinks! Don't you know you are not supposed to let the magic smoke out!?
I've been without my Voyager for a week now and am going through withdrawls so I know how you will feel. At least I get to go home and it will be there!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Fire Bad.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Emil

Post by Emil » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:56 am

Stay with it. The voyager I have is on the fritz eight years now, with two consecutive visits to the factory, before I resigned taking further issue with the matter. There are still intermittent times when it works. Some things aren't meant to be.

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:48 am

thanks. sent my voyager in last week should be back soon. the problem with analog gear new or old is that it comes down to a love hate relationship. That always sounds fantastic. :P

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 am

just a follow up.

My voyager came back all nice and fixed.
talked to moog my main board which control osc's and everything else i guess had a short which then messed up the power supply so they swapped out the old boards and parts and put in new ones. yeaaa no more moogatory.
now only if could sell my dam lp II is the economy really that bad.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:54 am

Sorry to hear about your Voyager but I'm glad it's fixed. That would definetly upset me. I have had mine for a few months. It seems to be doing fine so far.