White Voyager (or Old School) feedback please?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
EMwhite

White Voyager (or Old School) feedback please?

Post by EMwhite » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Interested in picking up an Old School (I think!) and wanted some feedback on the Whitewash finish. Looks ok'ish / interesting in the pics and wondered if anybody ran into them in stores, or owns one and could tell me a few things.

Trendy? Matte or Gloss finish? Hold up well?

That Nova something internet place has many compelling color combinations (I like the orange switches Voyager w/orangish lights). But on an OS, it's just the regular switches and black wheels. Is there any opportunity to trick out a OS wheel and/or rockers? Is this blasphemy?

Thanks
Last edited by EMwhite on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltor07

Re: White Voyager (or Old School) feedback please?

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 pm

MikeWfromNJ wrote:But on an OS, it's just the regular switches and black wheels. Is there any opportunity to trick out a OS wheel and/or rockers? Is this blasphemy?

Thanks,

-Mike
LHC's are 50 bucks if you buy from Moog. I am certain that they would be helpful as to telling you how do do the wheel mod itself. Or, you could order an OS, and send it to the factory as soon as you get it. Then you could tell them to replace the switches with colors of your choosing. I myself would want all white switches on a whitewash Old School with one blue lighted wheel and one red lighted wheel, and a reverse-colored keyboard...but that's me. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Lumin

Post by Lumin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 am

the white wash has more of a matte finish. imagine a fence picket you have painted an off white color. thats about as well as i can describe it. the OS didnt have the crazy wood options available like the voyager and i wanted mine to be different than the regular OS's so i went for the whitewash. i honestly would be happy with one in any finish.

lexsadler

Post by lexsadler » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm

I have the whitewash voyager and I love it.

It definitely looks better in person than in photos. I have blue backlights and the standard switch colors (blue/red).

The finish is stained wood, so you can see the grain. It's not glossy at all.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lexsadler]Visit me on Myspace[/url]

brandonm

Post by brandonm » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

I love my white wash Voyager!

Looks much better in person than in photographs. I tried getting a decent picture of mine.

Analog!

Post by Analog! » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm

When I first saw the whitewash I wasn't crazy about it. The more I see it, the more I think it looks really sharp. I am more of a classic guy myself and went with the standard OS, but if I really do like the darker finishes also. Either way, pick whichever captivates you the most. You will have an amazing instrument with either choice. The OS is fantastic!
Voyager Old School

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am

brandonm wrote:Looks much better in person than in photographs. I tried getting a decent picture of mine.
What is the knob on the right hand side of the keyboard?. Just laying there or modification (or else)?

52weeks

Post by 52weeks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 pm

It's for the backlighting.