lil phatty GUI looks better!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
soundsubs

lil phatty GUI looks better!

Post by soundsubs » Thu May 21, 2009 3:45 pm

hey gang--
i notice that the lil phatty GUI looks amazing compared to the GUI for the RME/Voyager. Any updates planned in the future?

---shane

Acid Mitch

Re: lil phatty GUI looks better!

Post by Acid Mitch » Fri May 22, 2009 4:03 am

soundsubs wrote:hey gang--
i notice that the lil phatty GUI looks amazing compared to the GUI for the RME/Voyager. Any updates planned in the future?

---shane
Didn't realise the Moogs had a GUI. Aren't all the interfaces real knobs and switch's ?

psicolor

Post by psicolor » Fri May 22, 2009 6:58 am

The LP's interface is great, but the Voyagers interface is different! I prefered the LPs interface until i bought a voyager and got used to it. The Voyager fits much better to live performers in my opinion. You can e.g. touch filter cutoff and resonance at the same time (this is what the crowd usually drives crazy). If you use the voyager to "play", you don't need and therefore don't use presets. Then the big benefit is, that you (and your band colleges) can see every parameter value in the interface!

I'm very happy with the voyager's interface because everytime I see it, it seduces me to touch it, and to PLAY with it.
http://www.psicolor.de

Igor

Post by Igor » Fri May 22, 2009 7:33 am

...Voyager fits much better to live performers in my opinion. You can e.g. touch filter cutoff and resonance at the same time (this is what the crowd usually drives crazy). If you use the voyager to "play", you don't need and therefore don't use presets....I'm very happy with the voyager's interface because everytime I see it, it seduces me to touch it, and to PLAY with it.
I quite agree with you here. Old School should be even better here since Voyager preset values [if you're not hooked with one of them only] are not corresponded to a real knob values :-(

LP is a little Voyager sister so do not judge it so. And it is so funny! :-)
Voyager EB, VX-351, CP-251, Moogerfoogers, Theremin standard, Theremin Plus
DSI Prophet '08, Korg KARMA w/MOSS, Arturia Origin
Mackie Onyx 1620 w/FW, Lexicon MX400, Apogee Duet
OSX/Logic Studio (G4/G5/Intel)

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Fri May 22, 2009 9:37 am

Are you talking about the Editor/Librarian software?
http://www.moogmusic.com/littlephatty/? ... t_id=21251
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Igor

Post by Igor » Fri May 22, 2009 11:17 am

Are you talking about the Editor/Librarian software?
Oh, I'm not. I talked about UI (user interface). BTW I use SoundTower for my Voyager and, honestly, that GUI (Graphical User Interface) I don't like.
Voyager EB, VX-351, CP-251, Moogerfoogers, Theremin standard, Theremin Plus
DSI Prophet '08, Korg KARMA w/MOSS, Arturia Origin
Mackie Onyx 1620 w/FW, Lexicon MX400, Apogee Duet
OSX/Logic Studio (G4/G5/Intel)

johnjay

Post by johnjay » Sat May 23, 2009 11:05 am

You can e.g. touch filter cutoff and resonance at the same time (this is what the crowd usually drives crazy).
Can't you do this on LP by assigning one control knob to filter cutoff and another control knob to resonance?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:59 pm

johnjay wrote:
You can e.g. touch filter cutoff and resonance at the same time (this is what the crowd usually drives crazy).
Can't you do this on LP by assigning one control knob to filter cutoff and another control knob to resonance?
Yes. It's the Pot Mapping feature. Never used it myself, so I may just have to. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

soundsubs

Post by soundsubs » Sat May 23, 2009 2:52 pm

yeah, im talking about the editor/librarian.

on my 30" monitor (i know, WAAAAA!), it looks tiny. i like the graphical version of the LP GUI better.