Voyager OS and VX-351 anyone? output adapter installation

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
rodion

Voyager OS and VX-351 anyone? output adapter installation

Post by rodion » Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 am

hello forum people :)

is anyone here using a VX-351 togheter with a voyager OS?
any experiences installing the output adapter thing inside the voyager and not being able to close the back panel?

yesterday I received my VX-351 togheter with an output adapter.
when I ordered the VX-351 I honestly did not know about the need to open my Voyager and install something inside to make it properly work: I thought I only had to plug a cable between the voyager and the vx. but ok I carefully followed the instructions and plugged the adapter thing into the accessory connector inside the voyager. then I plugged the ribbon cable on top of the newly installed output adapter.

the problem is that there is another connector inside the voyager OS, behind the osc1 section in the front panel, mounted straight in front of the accessory port connector. so there's two connectors actually facing each other. the black ribbon cap of the accessory port ribbon cable clashes with the black ribbon cap of the cable coming out from the connector behind the osc1 section of the front panel. without the adapter they don't clash, but if you raise the adapter cable installing the output adapter chip...no way to close the back panel then!

anyone able to help me here?

cool, thanks a lot

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Fri May 08, 2009 11:10 am

my OS came ready-to-connect with the accessory port already installed

From the manual:

Connecting the VX351:

Make all connections as described below with the Voyager powered OFF
To connect the VX-351, locate the male end (the end with recessed pins) of the DB-25 cable - this is the end that plugs into the connector on the Voyager’s back panel labeled “ACCESSORY PORT”

Align the cable properly and make the connection. Use the thumbscrews to lock the connection. Be careful not to force or cross thread the thumbscrews in the accessory port’s female threads. Following this, connect the other end of the cable to the connector on the VX-351 labeled “FROM ACCESSORY PORT”.

NOTE: The Voyager OS does not require the VX-351 output adapter to be installed

alainhubert

Post by alainhubert » Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm

NOTE: The Voyager OS does not require the VX-351 output adapter to be installed

rodion

Post by rodion » Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

hey guys, thanks for your reply.

there has been a misunderstanding betwwen me and the moog tech support:
I thought I had to install the adapter inside and they initially confirmed this to me.
but now everything seems to be clear and I'm already into patching heaven :)

have a nice day

salomonfuzz

Re: Voyager OS and VX-351 anyone? output adapter installation

Post by salomonfuzz » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:40 am

Would you (or anyone else) happen to have the output adapter? I need one, and Moog couldn't provide me with one any longer. I live in Oslo, Norway.