preset is changing

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
amotz

preset is changing

Post by amotz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:20 am

hello everybody
i asked about this few weeks ago and than the problem was gone by itself and now again...so:
my voyager is playing a MIDI part from cubase, and everything is fine, but as soon as i jump the cursor again to the beginning of the part, the preset is completly changed, and in addition the vol. is reduced to almost nothing
sometimes it happens and sometimes not
??????????
???
?

johnypneumo

Post by johnypneumo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 pm

It sounds like to me that inside the midi part there is a progam change and a volume command,.. the volume command wil be listed as controller 7,.and the program change,.well,will be a program change,.. check the midi track and all parts on that track/or all tracks with the same midi channel for such continous controller changes and program changes ;)

amotz

controller 7?

Post by amotz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 pm

thanks
what is controller 7? (i am a little new to this)

alainhubert

Re: controller 7?

Post by alainhubert » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 pm

amotz wrote:thanks
what is controller 7? (i am a little new to this)

Under the MIDI protocol, a CC07 message means that a Control Change #07 has been sent and that has the effect of changing the volume level for a MIDI channel(or in this case a particular track). Other CC messages with different numbers will change other things. For example, a CC01 message is being sent every time the mod wheel on a digital synth is moved.

Hope this helps a little...