Received my Maple Anniversary Edition today...

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
monads

Post by monads » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:01 am

Red back lights. That would be cool. Although some might find it hard on the eyes. I wondered if they considered it an option. You know, pitch/mod wheel and panel red lit instead of blue.

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:31 am

To change the colour of the pitch and mod wheel is an easy DIY job to do.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:26 am

Boeing 737-400 wrote:If you're on stage, and have the AE facing you, then who else is going to see the backlight, unless you have the panel set flat, then it would be harder to reach the controls.

Well, I think the point is so YOU can see the controls while onstage, not the crowd ;O) - same goes for the rest of the synth being black. That being said - if anyone decides they are displeased with their Maple unit, prefferably AE, I would be willing to trade them for my Walnut stained Oak with performance upgrade and blue wheels. Fell in love with the Maples after a few months having my Oak.

Kelly.

little doodler

Post by little doodler » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:39 am

Any Pictures?

theglyph

Black cabinet AE!!!!!

Post by theglyph » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:53 pm

I originally wasn't fond of the black AE model, but i decided to purchase anyway.

If i had discoved that there was a maple model available i probably would have purchased that one instead (it is very pretty).

But, while the sound was what i was after (and the AE model is cool) i was pleased to discover that the black cabinet is actually very attractive (at least in my opinion).

Also, there is an even more attractive advantage to owning the black AE model.

When gigging (if you gig with it), i've noticed that when i'm situated on stage in a dimmley lit area, people tend to pay more attention to the me because all they see are these weird blue lights attached to something that is making really cool sounds. The black cabinet give the lights an almost floating effect that trips people out. Please don't get me wrong! I could care less about which band member get's the most attention. It's the jam and the audience's delight that i'm interested in and the floating blue light's making weird/delightfull sounds seems to give the audience some added delight!

I feel that this is good for the band and the fan's:)

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:14 pm

I never had a problem with the black AE myself and was originally going to buy one. I only discovered the maple edition by pure chance (from another post on this forum) and decided to go for it as it is such a rarity, and I am only ever going to by one Voyager.

Good luck with your machine - the floating blue lights must look really cool on stage!