Moog Midi: problems on my Cubase editor

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
zommy

Moog Midi: problems on my Cubase editor

Post by zommy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 am

Hi guys,
I'm an happy RME Voyager owner from Italy.
I'm having just a problem with my midi connections.
I work with Cubase Sx3. I think cables are correctly connected. The Midi IN of the Voyager is connected to the midi OUT of my Fireface 400 audio card. With this connection I can play the midi keyboard, listen to the moog, and record the notes played on my program via midi.
Here comes the problem.
If I use the filters on the Moog, envelopes or other things while recording via MIDI, the program will not record these elements. If I use the CC on the midi keyboard it works but I do not wish to do so. I want to use the various controls directly on the Moog.
So I guess you got the problem...I can hear things..I can hear envelopes..filters and whatsoever working...but I can record only the notes I play...and not the other things. I am always talking from a Midi point of view...because once I record from midi to audio...during this recording if I touch filters or other obviously they will get recorded!
Thanx guys

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 am

Press the "master " button on your Voyager and scroll to "MIDI out on/off".
Change that and see if it makes a difference.

till

Re: Moog Midi: problems on my Cubase editor

Post by till » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:33 pm

zommy wrote:.. The Midi IN of the Voyager is connected to the midi OUT of my Fireface 400 audio card. With this connection I can play the midi keyboard, listen to the moog, and record the notes played on my program via midi.
Here comes the problem.
If I use the filters on the Moog, envelopes or other things while recording via MIDI, the program will not record these elements. ...
From your description above I think there is a simple solution:
you have nothing connected to the midi out of the Voyager, right?
The data generated by turning knobs on the Voyager is only transmitted by the Midi out socket of the Voyager. And the connection you described is only sending data into the Moog.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16