Option of a Better Keybed

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Smokey5100

Option of a Better Keybed

Post by Smokey5100 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:18 pm

Is it me or wouldn't it be nice if we had the option of sending in our Voyagers,paid a little more and had the choice of getting a different kind of keybed.

ksoper

Post by ksoper » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:00 pm

Whe I first touched the Voyager at a NAMM show, my first thought was that the keybed was a little shallow. I was told that they bought the Fatar actions because a) Fatar has international distribution and b) Pratt-Reed was out of business. I preferred the old Mini action, but I came from a classical organ background and was used to playing deep, stiff actions. I'm slowly getting used to the Voyager action, though it's still not my favorite. I may try using a midi controller. I'd rather learn to love the new action.

k.

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:53 am

It would be great if ALL keyboards had that option, but they don't. I LOVE the Voyager keyboard. It's the best of a bunch of synths I have.

More importantly - Why doesn't someone make a big weighted-controller with ADJUSTABLE mechanical action!? You could dial it in for depth, throw, weighting, return etc...

MisterModular

Post by MisterModular » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:31 pm

I love the keyboard on the Voyager. It is way better than the classic Minimoog as far as I'm concerned. It is the best keyboard I've played in a long time. The Kawai K5000s used to be my favorite but it is somewhat squishy compared to the Voyager.