Moog Old School e-Patch

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
wooperman

Moog Old School e-Patch

Post by wooperman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:00 pm

I know it's easy for me to request, cause it wont be me doing all the hard work, but I have a challenge!!!! I'd like for us all to share patches with each other. A list of parameters seems boring. Scanned jpegs are too involved. If this already exists, then burn me in efigy.

Can one of you really good programmers create an electronic patch book.
The way I see it is this:
- looks just like front panel of the Old School.
- All dials can be turned, switches flipped, etc.
- Top of page has a boxes for text (2: naming and notes)
- Able to save similar to an editor or librarian
( such as folders for grouping basses, leads, etc.)
- include mod wheel as some patches have important MW setting.
- it would be cool if each list had tabs for sorting by date and name .

Ideally, it would be an application for the user's computer, but a common area here at the forum would be good for uploading ones we want to share.

This way we can share patches, or save them to our computer so no more lost, ripped, patch pages.

Personally, I think it's the best idea I have every had, so I am reserving intellectual rights to it. But I will put in a playground at the moog forum with the millions I earn. Ball pit, spiral slide, you name it!

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am

Hey,
Heres what I did.

I scanned a single blank patch sheet as an image.

When I wanted to share a patch with someone I filled in the patch locations electronically and then uploaded that particulr version of the patch sheet to a hosting site.

Then posted it. It probably uses a lot of bandwidth to do it like that but its better than nothing. SOmeone can save that image and print it out.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

wooperman

Post by wooperman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 am

yeah, the bandwidth thing I was hoping to limit. And also, there could be a little application here at the forum if it was interface-able...how ever the lingo goes.
I'd like it for my computer too. The book is big and floppy, looking over at my screen would be perfect. Plus, I am getting to where this many patches that I have made are getting to be a big stack of papers. Alphebetical order or date order would be superb. Not to mention, bass, lead, etc. When you get a bunch of patches, it's hard to remember which is which.
But thanks for the patch page. Micromoog, vintage '78, no?

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 am

Thats from the Micro's owners manual.

The ONLY drawback to that is doing stuff when you don't have the computer right next to your synth.

I cut my teeth on the Micro and for years have been making patches. Ive tried writing them down by drawing that patch sheet, taking digital photos....its a pain in the butt. The computer is upstairs from the synth so Id end up having to make a hard copy by hand of the digital picture that I took just to keep myself from having to make a hard copy.

An electronic book woudl be perfect if it had printouts available because it all comes back to patch sheets lol.

This is why I love having memory.....although my memory is now maxed out. I need the librarian.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

wooperman

Post by wooperman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

yeah, printable pages...infact, printable in any order you want, in the event of gigging.

lanxe

Post by lanxe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm

i have been thinking about this. it would be great to make an online way to create, share and organize patches.

i have webspace and will offer it up for something like this, but i wouldnt know where to begin.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Maybe somebody can resurface the Moogler app.

lanxe

Post by lanxe » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:57 pm

i started grabbing some of the screen shots from the voyager editor software. i dont think these patches would be too hard to modify for the old school (only the mod routing could change).

i put a link to some of the ones i have captured so far here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Pickleinn/V ... directlink

like this: