OLD SCHOOL DISCONTINUED!?!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 am

EricK wrote:We woudl have to weigh how expensive it would be to have RME editions to the Phatty or Voyager vs the price of the Memory Moog Voyager/PolymoogII.
I would hope that whatever Moog does if they do a polyphonic synth....they do it for 88 keys.
Thats been the real kicker is that Moog never made an 88 key manual.
73 notes would be nice but 88 would always be better.

1. I still say they should make a Phatty Expansion Box

2. Cp252 dualing EnvGen, 4 chan audio mixer, VCA, Dual Trigger Delay, Envelope Follower

3. Mf106 sequencer
No one is denying these things. In fact, I'll bet they come before the polyphonic synth. Amos has said himself that a polysynth would be a long term project that he would be excited to work on. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah so would a MoogMobile.

I don't think that no matter the circumstances surronding a Moog polysynth...I don't know if Id ever really see the need for it. I mean by the times its all said and done Ill have like 4 synths lol.

Well see. Maybe in the next 5 years if they do one Ill be able to afford it, but I really want a few vintage pieces too.

E
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:02 pm

5 synths? That's not nearly enough! You need at least 7 for a complete studio. Preferably 8, plus an organ. One of those needs to be able to make piano sounds. You've got your Rhodes, so you're covered on that front. You still need an organ of some type, either a console or a combo. Then there's the sequencers. You'll want at least three or four of those. And no fewer than 160 patch cords. Don't forget the potentiometer banks, ribbon controllers and expression pedals, now. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Got an organ, 2 acoustic pianos, and a digital piano.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:31 pm

EricK wrote:Got an organ, 2 acoustic pianos, and a digital piano.
So, all you need is no fewer than four, maybe five more synths and you'll have a complete keyboard studio! As for where to put all those synths, pianos make GREAT keyboard stands! :mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Just wait until I get my PT license.

Ill be going to Moog Rehab everyday after work.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 am

EricK wrote:Just wait until I get my PT license.

Ill be going to Moog Rehab everyday after work.

Eric
Sounds like a grand idea, EricK! :mrgreen:

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 am

Voltor07 wrote:
Jrayk Roze wrote:bleh, I can't play polysynths anymore. I prefer monophonic playing now. Damn Moog effect...
I'll bet you could play a Moog polysynth. Imagine a Voyager or LP capable of CHORDS! :shock: It would be the first thing since Bruce Lee to kick Chuck Norris' behind! :mrgreen:
No! I can't press multiple keys on any keyboarded instruments anymore without feeling uncomfortable. I'm now accustomed to carefully programming chords.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 am

Jrayk Roze wrote: No! I can't press multiple keys on any keyboarded instruments anymore without feeling uncomfortable. I'm now accustomed to carefully programming chords.
It does take some retraining, yes. When I tested my Farfisa at Music-Go-Round, it took a minute for me to realize, "Waitaminute...this is an organ! It's polyphonic!" I then hit three notes at a time and was quite satisfied with the sound. :lol: Of course, when I upgraded my LP to OS 2.00, I had to train myself chords for the arpeggiator. I also succeeded in that. :wink:

misterhemi

Post by misterhemi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:30 pm

RichardK wrote:Get a Challenger!

Also, buying any car right now, if it's American, will make some people very very happy indeed.

(I got to drive a Charger for Thanksgiving break; I forgot they existed since we only get the 300C here and when the rental company said "Hey, your midsize is a Sebring" I basically said "Oh god, give me ANYTHING but that. PLEASE". And they suggested a Dodge Avenger >_<. So we got an upgrade).

I wish they sold the Challenger here. I'd have an orange SRT.
OT and sorry... I know i'm late reading this thread.....

I had a Magnum SRT8 for a while, loved it!!!! (Notice my user name - MisterHemi :) wink wink)

Drove it like a madman :D for the time that I had it.... I inherited from my brother (deceased).

Now I have my 69 Dart (and a 440 in the garage) but don't know for how long though... having some serious problems right now.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion! :)
Ensoniq SQ80, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, DSI Evolver Desktop, Alesis Ion, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS-6x, Yamaha DX-200, Akai Z4, Roland R8 & R8M, Mellotron 4-Track (sold), DSI Mopho x4, Waldorf Blofeld, Waldorf Streichfett, DSI Tempest, Moog FreqBox

Rudelius

Post by Rudelius » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Rudelius wrote:
jon_kull wrote:I just hope there's still some around when I finally have the cash to get one and that the prices don't get jacked up.
The distributor of the Benelux *did* raise the price, and by about 200 Euro!
Nevertheless, I ordered one at a local dealer but I'm still even waiting for
info about availability. I'll post the serial number as soon as I have it (that
is, *if* I can get one), as it's interesting to see where they are.
Well, I got one (#207), and I'm very very pleased with it. Man what a great
sound this thing has! I also have a Little Phatty Tribute, but with the same
basic sound settings, the OS sounds better I.M.O. Even though I already
mentioned it is a bit expensive, I now know it's worth every penny. And it
looks great too! :-)

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Rudelius wrote: I also have a Little Phatty Tribute, but with the same
basic sound settings, the OS sounds better I.M.O.
To be honest I think it sounds better than the 'normal' Voyager as well. I had a Performer and an RME and the OS sounds a little fuller to me. Could be my imagination though...

Rudelius

Post by Rudelius » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:43 pm

jon_kull wrote:
Rudelius wrote: I also have a Little Phatty Tribute, but with the same
basic sound settings, the OS sounds better I.M.O.
To be honest I think it sounds better than the 'normal' Voyager as well. I had a Performer and an RME and the OS sounds a little fuller to me. Could be my imagination though...
You think it sounds a bit better/different, I think it sounds a bit different,
some others think it sounds a bit different. It might not just be your
imagination (but mine and others too ;-) ), so who knows if there might be a
difference in the electronics of the analog boards after all? I can just guess,
I'm most certainly not an expert. A detailed 1 on 1 comparison of the analog
boards or schematics might tell. BTW, my OS was shipped including the
Patchbook.

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Mine came with the patch book too.

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm happy to know that my OS is rarer than an original Minimoog :lol:
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X