OLD SCHOOL DISCONTINUED!?!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 am

EricK wrote:Novamusic has those whitewash OS Voyagers.

I think you can get them for like 2195.
Yes, I love those! I'd get the switches changed out with white ones, and see about getting a reversed color keyboard for it if I were to buy one now. Unfortunately, I'll be broke for a while. I'm sure I'll be able to find one used eventually. :|
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 am

lol can't you just be happy with the standard issue unit?

You get something and then have to put your hands in there lol.

Im glad you aren't a surgeon or deliver babies. :lol:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Ah, finally you catch on, EricK! Yes, I love customizing things. It adds a personal touch. And the end result is a one-of-a-kind work of art. It gives me satisfaction knowing I have the only one like it. That goes for almost everything of mine. When I was in high school I switched out the LED's in an old 10 channel police scanner. Actually, the case and switches would make for a good base as a sequencer. The LED's are green and yellow alternating, instead of red. 8)

As for delivering babies, I couldn't deal with all that. Being a surgeon? That's like being a tech except you're working on humans, not electronics. Actually, I have this idea for an illuminating pacemaker. Every time the heart beats, the pace maker lights up so it's visible from the outside of the person. When it activates, it glows green. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Kind of like E.T.!

Turn on your heart-light...

:lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 pm

mayidunk wrote:Kind of like E.T.!

Turn on your heart-light...

:lol:
Exactly! :lol:

moognase

Post by moognase » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:52 pm

:cry:

So hombres... que pasa? What will follow in the Old Drool's footsteps? Will there be an affordable Moog Synthesizer with knobs only, one that will be produced so long that people can save up for it before it's gone? Ay, ay, ay!
The Old-school Micromoog? A Multimoog? Madre mia! Snif.

Anna's Digit

Post by Anna's Digit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:56 pm

I wouldn't mind saving for an old school , I'm currently saving for a LPII but I will be glad to save for a moog old school ....even if it takes me another 3 months

:/
Who 'em i ? who are you ?
Born in 1987 .
http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs (8bit/lo-fi proyect)

magnet

Post by magnet » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 am

I, too, would like to have the opportunity to buy a Voyager OS in the future. I am sorry that the company has chosen to discontinue them. i wonder if they would build 'on-demand' for those of us who would be willing to pay, and wait.
-sigh-
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

lanxe

Post by lanxe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 pm

income tax return? i hate spending it before i get it, but i would love an OS

wooperman

Post by wooperman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 am

To the guys that seem to know the most about CV/gate reaction times.

Is there an economical CV keyboard out there to take advantage of the OS's CV/Gate inputs? Or would it still be irrelevant due to something you explained and I didn't understand?

I am a deal grabber, I don't know how, but I bought a "scratch and dent" OS from MF. I paid 1700. When I got the thing, I could not tell it was not brand new. Manuals, box, twist ties, tape on the back panel that hold the kickstand in place during shipping. It all seemed untouched, and very unscratched, and no dents. Maybe they grabbed the wrong one. But still S-n'-D sales from MFriend have always been good to me, never a problem. Keep yer eye out for those.

But I am also the guy who bought a perfectly mint micromoog in 1993, for 100 bucks. I decided to pass on the little Moog bongo drum trigger that was sitting with it for only 25 bucks more. I loved it, but for some stupid reason, I got all caught up in going to europe and die the dreamer's death and had to scrounge some money up. Since I knew I would be able to find another one of those Micromoogs in a thrift shop somewhere, I sold it for $125 making a sweet little profit. God, I am a f-kng idiot !!!! IT was so perfect and the bongo was like brand new and I didnt even buy that. I was only 17, I guess I can forgive myself.

The OS was a great deal though.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:24 am

As long as you don't sell it for $1750, you'll be alright. :lol: That's okay. I passed up a near-mint Micro for $525 about a year ago. I thought, "Why would I need it?" Just the CV functionality would have been worth that! :x

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 pm

If you get a Mirco I'll never expect to hear you complaining about its wood side panels again lol.

THat would have been a good deal for a Micro though. This synth is very underrated in the reviewrs world.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Analog!

Post by Analog! » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm

lanxe wrote:income tax return? i hate spending it before i get it, but i would love an OS
:shock: i have mine spent on an OS already. although i have to wait for it to arrive before i place my order.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:35 pm

EricK wrote:If you get a Mirco I'll never expect to hear you complaining about its wood side panels again lol.
You mean "lack of wood side panels" :lol: I think the fake wood sides look great on it, actually. They just wouldn't look as good on a modern synth. But that argument is best saved for the Taurus forum. :lol:

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 am

wooperman wrote:I am a deal grabber, I don't know how, but I bought a "scratch and dent" OS from MF. I paid 1700. When I got the thing, I could not tell it was not brand new. Manuals, box, twist ties, tape on the back panel that hold the kickstand in place during shipping. It all seemed untouched, and very unscratched, and no dents. Maybe they grabbed the wrong one. But still S-n'-D sales from MFriend have always been good to me, never a problem. Keep yer eye out for those. The OS was a great deal...
I had my eye on that very OS you bought from MF! Lucky for you I decided not to pull the trigger, but I was very tempted to for about 4 days!

Congrats on the excellent purchase!

:D