Voyager Version 3.X Memory Field Upgrade

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Prime NL

Voyager Version 3.X Memory Field Upgrade

Post by Prime NL » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 am

Helluw dear people on the Moog forum...

As a Moog freak from the Netherlands/Europe i am quite interested into expanding my Voyager Signature with a Version 3.X Memory Field Upgrade....but i still have a couple of questions left.

First of all i could order it from the Moog site itself...and this would cost me $265 (about 175 Euro which is fine with me)...only the shipping costs are $107 which i find quite high.
Next to this i am also afraid that i have to pay import tax which is about 22% and doesn't make this deal that interesting.
Anybody any experience on importing this upgrade to Europe and the actual prices..??

I also could try to find a European dealer who can ship this upgrade to me...but till now i have no succes in finding anybody...:(
Maybe somebody who can inform me about a dealer in Europe who can deliver this expansion to me ?

till

Post by till » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 am

I bought the 3.x memory band and the aftertouch field upgrade boards when they came out I remember paying much money and taxes for it. But the additional memory was worth the money. And the aftertouch was improved. But now I use the a different aftertouch update which is way better scaled then the original Moog Music one.
I did not found an official Moog Music upgrade within Europe. But you may ask your local country's Moog Music distributer
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

till wrote:But now I use the a different aftertouch update which is way better scaled then the original Moog Music one.
Care to share?

till

Post by till » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:45 am

I got the Rudi Linhart version.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:27 am

My problem will be solved on Tuesday as i will travel by car with my Voyager to Rudi Linhard himself.

He will install all available upgrades and filter glide mod.

I am very curious to meet the master himself... 8)

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm

I herewith want to thank Rudi Linhard for the very warm welcome....the excellent service and information you gave to me...and the great stories you loved to share with me about the "good old days".... 8)

Long story short...:
After about a 5 hour drive i arrived at Wilhelmsdorf, Germany all the way from Eindhoven, Netherlands where i had a appointment with Rudi Linhard...THE man concerning all the software running on you're Voyager.

He was so kind to install all the upgrades which are available for the Voyager....i am talking about the Filter Glide mod....Memory field upgrade and the Aftertouch mod.

It took him about 2 hours to install and upgrade all mods including tuning on my Voyager and did a perfect job for this.

So if you are a European Moog user and you consider a Voyager upgrade don't hesitate to ask Rudi if he can take care of this.

Anyways....the Voyager plays and sounds perfect now....TX Master Linhard... :wink:

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Hello Prime, great you upgrade your moog this way. I'm from Belgium and have a voyager electric blue (serial EB0042) i bought it last year second hand while i was in the US. Ive been looking for a bit now how to upgrade it and keep it affordable, as we in Europe get pretty much ripped on just about everything with our high VAT rates and import tax etc etc. I was wondering what did it eventually cost you and how can i contact Mr. Linhard?
I don't mind a trip to Germany as i never been there before and could use a few days off while I'm at it. Thanks and happy holidays

update: i found the shop website, wow it would be a 700km drive for me uhum
Everybody knows that's what aliens sound like - Dr. Bob Moog