351 and 352 expander accessory cable: Ugliest cable ever!!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
///OSS

Post by ///OSS » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:55 am

awesome, thats an excellent idea... nice blanking plate in the front to cover the port and just swapping them for the rear of the rack.

Thanks Amos for the cable info! black is the better option for sure

chombymook

Post by chombymook » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

It's still not finished, but you get the idea.
I intend to take better photos so I ask that no-one uses or links to these images elsewhere without my permission.

///OSS

Post by ///OSS » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 pm

fuking perfect!

I was thinking of this cuz I wanted to put a patchbay on top to send to the IO on a vogager select with a snake to the rack, to have all the connectors right on top of the 351 and a 251 and then rack like 3 foogers underneath and have it all clean and do all my patching at the rack and not having to change any cables at the voyager. but the multipin connector in black and in the rear is even cleaner.

sweet idea

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Thats a sweet lookin setup. Is that a Vx351/2? Could you put that on the edge of the table and extend the rails downwards or continue to extend them upwards to hohuse some Foogers or would that be pushing it a bit on the Center of Gravity?

Great pics, and Ive never really seen any of the back of the RME before.

Its very interesting how different people get their rigs goin.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

chombymook

Post by chombymook » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah it's the 351/352.. they really weigh nothing so the heavy ole RME keeps everything solid. There really is no wobble or sense of unbalance.

I guess you could possibly hang things off the front.. I've never seen (or more to the point held) a Moogerfooger.. but if they are as packed as the RME blatantly is then I'd imagine they are kinda heavy?

I prefer to Keep the Prophet 08 in front ;)

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 pm

haha man thats a great setup indeed :D . Ive never heard any of the DSI stuff but I imagine that its good because its stood the test of time.

The MoogerFoogers 3-5 lbs probably, depending on the unit. I think the Delay is very heavy and Ive never seen a MURF in person so it has the potential to be pretty heavy too. The MF Rack Frame is a bit heavier than the Vx-351 Rack frame.

You know, theres not a lot of pics of RME's out there that ive seen and I never woudl have thought to use the rack rails in such a way...I guess that its sturdy...I figured that a cabinet added to the structural integrity. I honestly don't see why it woudn't work.

You really shoudl consider getting some Foogers for your setup though....Ive got a few you can see below but just dying to have the Voyager in the mix. At least get the Ring Mod and or the CP251.

I finally got my rack cabinet out of layaway last month and Got the Fooger Rack mounted. I just got the Vx Rack last week for my Cp251 and Im waiting on a Dotcom rack/Blank panels for my Osc Driver. It shoudl come this week I think. Ill post pictures of my rig when I get it mounted. It will be growing for the next several years.

Trying to raise the money for a Voyager Lunar Mahogany and a Vx351.

Eric

chombymook

Post by chombymook » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Well some moogers would be nice... but I intend to start building a eurorack modular system around the RME so that's where my money will go I think. So I may consider trying to suspend a 3U modular rack on top too but I'm pretty positive that will need extra support.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:05 pm

You don't like the Dotcom systems?

chombymook

Post by chombymook » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 pm

I find the 5U format to be a very inefficient use of space to be honest, and I'm finding there is much more progressive stuff happening in the Eurorack format.

For a totally retro Moog Modular style system Dotcom are clearly the main choice though, I'm just not on that tip.