Doepfer Ribbon Controller Hookup

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Sidewind

Doepfer Ribbon Controller Hookup

Post by Sidewind » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 pm

OK, I must be a little dense today. I have been playing with my Doepfer Ribbon Controller which has CV1-out CV2-OUT and Gate-OUT. I hooked the CV1-OUT to the Pitch connector of the Voyager and the CV2-OUT to the Volume connector on the Voayger, but for the life of me, cannot figure out where the gate input/trigger is on the Voyager. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks kindly,
Michael.

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:51 pm

I don't own the Voyager but I assume it would be the blue Env/Gate jack on the back?

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:20 pm

bosshog wrote:I don't own the Voyager but I assume it would be the blue Env/Gate jack on the back?
Yep, just tested it on my Voyager. A gate of 5 volts will work, but you have to remember to flip the front panel red Envelope Gate switch to On/External.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Plug it into the BLUE Envelope Gate jack.

Four jacks to the right of the audio input.

I do it all the time with my Q119 sequencer.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Is the ribbon controller compatible with the voyager voltage wise or does it need attenuation?

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

gd

Post by gd » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:30 pm

post an mp3 when you get a chance, I was hoping Moog would release their own ribbon cntrl.
Mini D, P'08 ..

Sidewind

Post by Sidewind » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks a million! I knew that I was doing something wrong (I forgot about flipping the Env. Gate switch on!) I must be getting old :o

I am using the Doepfer R2M and I am really liking it. I would have preferred a Moog branded one as I am sure that they would have done something magical in their implementation. However, I will say that the Doepfer is of excellent quality. I also have thier MAQ16/3 sequencer which is also of excellent quality.

I will post an MP3 soon of my some of my results. I would do it right now but I am a little tied up this week with finishing the mastering on two of my albums. Depending on my mood, I might even put a few tracks up for all to enjoy. (I am knew to the whole online sales of music, so I tend to be a little cautious of my art :wink: )

Thanks again guys!

Sidewind

Post by Sidewind » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 pm

EricK - I forgot to mention: yes, the Doepfer is directly compatible with the new Moog gear voltage-wise. It conforms to 1v/Octave on the CVs and 5v on the gates.