Will Voyager RME and VX351 work as a MIDI to CV convertor

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
davemoog

Will Voyager RME and VX351 work as a MIDI to CV convertor

Post by davemoog » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Will Voyager RME and VX351 work as a MIDI to CV convertor when a MIDI keyboard is plugged in to it?

I already own a Doepfer MIDI to CV for my older analog synths, a Voyager RME and the VX352. However an additional MIDI to VC/Gate convertor would be useful if this would work with the VX351.

Thanks Dave

GregAE

Re: Will Voyager RME and VX351 work as a MIDI to CV converto

Post by GregAE » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 am

davemoog wrote:Will Voyager RME and VX351 work as a MIDI to CV convertor when a MIDI keyboard is plugged in to it?
Yes, an RME and VX-351 can be used for this - in fact, it may be the most expensive MIDI/CV converter on the planet. :wink:

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:46 pm

yeah I use it w/ my RME and MF-107 for a 4 osc synth. You can also mix pitch bend settings w/ a cp-251 so that when you pitch bend your RME from your midi controller, the mf-107 osc will pitch bend the same amount!
www.ctrlshft.com

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:54 pm

I use my Voyager as a MIDI to CV converter alot. I use the Nord G2 as a crazy sequencer, because it has Multiplexers with X-fade. Using that CV to control other things like the moogers is great!
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:13 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:yeah I use it w/ my RME and MF-107 for a 4 osc synth.
If you have the MF-102 Ring Modulator, you can do the same thing. Although the oscillator in the '107 is more versatile, the carrier oscillator in the '102 will also provide a 4th osc for an RME or Voyager keyboard.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:42 pm

If you have the MF-102 Ring Modulator, you can do the same thing

I do this alot with the 102. Actually, it is one of my favorite features of the RM.
It sounds awasome.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

GregAE wrote:
If you have the MF-102 Ring Modulator, you can do the same thing. Although the oscillator in the '107 is more versatile, the carrier oscillator in the '102 will also provide a 4th osc for an RME or Voyager keyboard.
aye, i have one! :)

the 102 doesn't seem to track as well though, unless i get a cp-251 involved; even then usually it falls apart after an octave max. not bad for bass, though.
www.ctrlshft.com

chinard

Post by chinard » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote: the 102 doesn't seem to track as well though, unless i get a cp-251 involved; even then usually it falls apart after an octave max. not bad for bass, though.
the 102 tracks just fine, just remember its linear (hz/v) not exponential (oct/v) so you have to compensate with an attenuator.
The 'lord of the ring mod' document on moogspace has all the gory details. in a nutshell: pitch through attenuator set at about 7 then experement going up and down octaves until it pitch tracks properly.

i use my 102 as a 4th oscillator all the time and its pretty nice even though it only outputs one waveform (triangle)
would be nice to get a freq box for the extra waveforms, sync, fm, etc..... maybe santas elves will make me one next xmas :wink:

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:
GregAE wrote:
aye, i have one! :)

the 102 doesn't seem to track as well though, unless i get a cp-251 involved; even then usually it falls apart after an octave max. not bad for bass, though.
Check out the "Lord of the Ring (Modulator)" article for more on setting up and using the RM as a fourth oscillator or a tracking modulator. Find it here:

https://www.moogmusic.com/members/?sect ... file_id=41

You don't need a CP-251 for this.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Man that is a fabulous article!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.