MIDI Playback ongoing issue - rme 3.3

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bulletproof

MIDI Playback ongoing issue - rme 3.3

Post by bulletproof » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Am I the only one on this forum who knows that one of the main selling points of owning this great synth is the midi playback of all extended cc's... cutoff, etc etc .

Why then does it not work? No one's does... doesn't anyone care?
If Moog could hire a sharp programmer to fix this it would make this machine's potential even better. As they sell it on this premise, they owe us an operating system update NOW.

I'm running a mac dual 2.5, latest os x, logic 8 (& 7). I have posted this problem before, was told to try all sorts of ridiculous options or even to check if I was playing back the right cc number in logic, which I was because it records all the data no problem, IT JUST WONT PLAY IT BACK.

Notes and pitch, all non extended cc's get played, it's a matter for Moog to sort out.
I love playing and recording live, but in that case don't false advertise, that's a breach of advertising surely???
Mac ppc dual 2.5,
Logic 7.2

RL

Post by RL » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi bulletproof,
send me an email I will send you a fix for that problem.
Have fun,
Rudi

latigid on

Re: MIDI Playback ongoing issue - rme 3.3

Post by latigid on » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:50 pm

bulletproof wrote:If Moog could hire a sharp programmer to fix this it would make this machine's potential even better. As they sell it on this premise, they owe us an operating system update NOW.
Rudi is the man. Don't bash him.

bulletproof

Post by bulletproof » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I don't bash anybody, I just thought the voyager would do what they advertised it to do. This is not bashing. I have consumer rights, it's usually the case we get to be beta testers but this is a bit of a let down.

Rudi has sent me a test update to try out. Why doesn't this story feature on the website?
Mac ppc dual 2.5,
Logic 7.2

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:13 pm

What MIDI CCs are you trying to record and play back? I ask because I had an RME before I picked up my Performer and don't remember having an issue controlling it via MIDI CC from Logic 7 or from my Bitstream 3x. I could be confusing it with my LP but I'm pretty sure that the RME worked fine for me.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:10 am

RL wrote:Hi bulletproof,
send me an email I will send you a fix for that problem.
Have fun,
Rudi
Can we all please have the fix? I haven't done MIDI recording on my DAW with the Voyager so I haven't hit that wall yet, but I know I will becuase I use that feature pretty frequently for other synths. Hopefully it's only a Voyager OS fix and not specific to the computer because I'm still running Cubase VST/32 5.1 on a Mac G4 with OS 9.2 and I know I'm in the minority.

Amos or RL, can you guys help us out here?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:56 am

bulletproof wrote:I don't bash anybody, I just thought the voyager would do what they advertised it to do. This is not bashing. I have consumer rights, it's usually the case we get to be beta testers but this is a bit of a let down.

Rudi has sent me a test update to try out. Why doesn't this story feature on the website?
Fair enough if your purchase doesn't do what it says it will do...

What I meant was Rudi and the Moog techs all spend a lot of time working on new software updates for us, and I personally appreciate that fact very much.

RL

Post by RL » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:01 am

Hi Lengai,
Can we all please have the fix?
It seems to be a problem with bulletproof's sequencer.
Don't worry...
Have fun,
Rudi

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks RL! :D

bulletproof

Post by bulletproof » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:36 am

Might I suggest a page dedicated to all Logic users showing them how to sort out this problem, on the main website or in the manual that comes with the unit... there's three other producers I know of who have the same story going on, so if there's an issue with apple's Logic and the voyager midi, we should be offered information on how to solve it. Just a thought.
Mac ppc dual 2.5,
Logic 7.2