saving patches from one voyager to another??

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
redeyeflight

saving patches from one voyager to another??

Post by redeyeflight » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Is is possible to save the patches you made in one voyager to another voyager? And if so how do you do it?
thanks guys!

MC

Post by MC » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:10 pm

Sure, just set both Voyagers to the same sysex ID.

till

Post by till » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:58 pm

You can store sound to external midi recorders (software or hardware ones) or from Voyager to Voyager.
I would recommend only to transfer/save "Panel Sounds", because these will go to the edit buffer of the receiving Voyager and won't overwrite sounds without asking.

You can start sending a sound to the midi recorder in the MASTER menue. See the manual for details.
The receiving Voyager has to set to the very same ID number (MASTER menue again) as the sender. It is recommended to set it to the lowest possible value. Only change this setting if you own more then one Voyager and/or RME.
Connect the sending Voyager's Midi Out to the receiving Voyager's Midi In by using a midi cable.
If you start the sound dump on the sending Voyager, the receiving one should get the data with a second or two.

But take care not to overwrite sounds on the receiving Voyager.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:37 pm

so you can't send individual patches you have to do all or nothing? sorry guys, i'm retarded when it comes to midi, i dont even own a midi cable (i do know analog synthesis though LOL)! I need a bit clearer of an explanation. What I'd like to do is send just a few patches that I have made on one voyager to another voyager...total of maybe 50 patches. Could I take those 50 patches and put them on a blank bank on my other voyager?
thanks again y'all...

till

Post by till » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:34 am

You can send a single patch or all.
Please check the manual for the possible ways of sending programs off the Voyager.

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

till

Now a step by step manual

Post by till » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:56 am

Do this on both Voyagers:
- MASTER menu
- select "SysEx Device ID" and set it to 1
- back to the MASTER menu
- select "Receive Presets" and set it to ON

No connect the Midi Out of the sending Voyager (with the presets you would like to copy to the other Voyager) to the Midi In of the receiving Voyager. Yes, you will need a midi cable to do so.

Now on the sending Voyager only:
- call the sound you would like to send
- MASTER menu
- select "Send Presets"
- send the "Panel Sound" (it depends on the software version of the Voyager how to do this). You have to press ENTER to start this.
- now the sound is transfered via the Midi cable to the receiving Voyager

On the receiving Voyager, there is the received sound now on the display. There are star symbols left and right of the sound name indicating, that you will have to store it on this Voyager on a memory location you will have to choose. This operation is described in the manual of the software version you use in detail.
If you don't store the sound, it will be lost.

And once the sound is stored on the receiving Voyager, then send the next sound you would like to transfer on the sending Voyager. See -> "Now on the sending Voyager only:" above. repeat this as often as needed.

Feel free to ask when you encounter a problem.
And again I recommend to read the manual from back to front. The Voyager only unveils its full power and possibilities if you know how to use it. And although I am more then 25 years into synths, I read it page to page.
Once you know how to use it, the Voyager will be giving access to its full set of features and details. It is not a preset machine. It is an analogue synth beast with plenty of possibilities hidden in the two modulation busses.

Sequence:

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:07 pm

thanks again for all your help guys!! Now all i need to do is get a MIDI cable...

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:19 pm

This may be my ignorance so I apologize if I'm incorrect, but wouldn't you want to hook up the MIDI cable between the 2 Voyagers and then turn them on and make the panel settings?

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm

got a midi cable and transferred all the presets!!! Thanks again for all your guyses help, it was super easy! I'm sold on midi now!