Save Preset

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
RadioLab

Save Preset

Post by RadioLab » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:16 am

Does anyone out there know if there is any capability of altering a sound from say bank A, and saving it to bank G. I got a great midi sound from an altered preset and recorded it but couldnt save it, unless that is I over-wrote the existing preset. any way around this?? ...anybody?? :shock:

RL

Post by RL » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:12 am

I guess your software isn't version 3.3. It's no problem in version 3.3 but it is also possible in older versions:
Go to the menu EDIT/Page 1.1 (Compare to Preset) and press ENTER. Toggle the CURSOR to "Preset", press the menu PANEL button and select the bank you want to save the sound. Then press CURSOR to get the last sound and store it to the new bank. I hope my explanation is clear enough...
Cheers,
Rudi

RadioLab

Post by RadioLab » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks much RL, you're an Ace. I'll do exactly that tonight. :D
oh and yea, I do just have the V3, havent needed to or had the patience to offload ALL of the banks and then hope that everything comes back as it was in the upgraded Version. I wish it was a tad easier... Its gotta be 'dirt simple' for me, but thats just me. thanks again.<<cheers>>

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Wed May 02, 2007 5:16 pm

RL wrote:I guess your software isn't version 3.3. It's no problem in version 3.3 but it is also possible in older versions:
Go to the menu EDIT/Page 1.1 (Compare to Preset) and press ENTER. Toggle the CURSOR to "Preset", press the menu PANEL button and select the bank you want to save the sound. Then press CURSOR to get the last sound and store it to the new bank. I hope my explanation is clear enough...
Cheers,
Rudi
Yep, works like a charm! Will be upgrading to 3.3 soon though, but this method is fine for now.
All the best,
Pete.
[b][color=darkblue]Electric Blue Voyager V:3.3, Nord Stage, Roland Fantom Xa, Roland SH-201 & Roland JX3P+PG200 Programmer.[/color][/b]