Select Series Voyagers

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
OysterRock

Select Series Voyagers

Post by OysterRock » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:41 pm

From NAMM:
Select Series Voyagers.

We're now offering customized Voyagers! You can choose from 8 types of wood cabinets, and 5 different backlighting schemes. For all those who ever wanted to own a truely unique Voyager, now you have one built to your own specifications!
Hmmmmm...I wonder if they will modify an AE....

analogMan

Post by analogMan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:14 am

Oh this is great. I've been saving for a Voyager and have been always looking at the different ones hoping to get a cool custom job! If anyone has any info on what the wood and light choices will be PLEASE post them here!!!

Thank you!
Powermac Dual 2.5 G5, Powerbook 12" 867
Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Cubase SX, Ableton Live, Reason, Traktor
Real Analog Synths

Modularfan

Re: Select Series Voyagers

Post by Modularfan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:52 am

OysterRock wrote:From NAMM:
Select Series Voyagers.

We're now offering customized Voyagers! You can choose from 8 types of wood cabinets, and 5 different backlighting schemes. For all those who ever wanted to own a truely unique Voyager, now you have one built to your own specifications!
Hmmmmm...I wonder if they will modify an AE....
Where did you hear about these SS Voyagers?

analogMan

Post by analogMan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:58 am

Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Real Analog Synths

Neekau

Post by Neekau » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:21 am

On Sonicstate:
On show at the Moog stand, the Minimoog Voyager Select Series allows customers to choose from five backlight options as well as eight different wood cabinet styles to create a Voyager with a look all their own. Moog offers an interactive Web experience that displays any custom combination, and then facilitates online ordering by integrating with local dealers.

Moog Music President Mike Adams told us, “Creativity, imagination and uniqueness are what Moog is all about. The Minimoog Voyager Select Series allows us to connect those values with our customers, enabling them to express their own personality in an instrument we handcraft for them.”

Since introducing the Electric Blue edition in 2004, Moog has received hundreds of requests to build customized Voyagers. Now those requests, once only fulfilled for a handful of artists, can be accommodated for anyone. Backlight options include: Electric Blue, Solar (orange), Lunar (white), Fire (red), and Jade (green). Cabinet styles are available in Electric Blue (black with fractal blue flecks), Traditional Ash, Mahogany, White Wash, Walnut, Cherry, Black Ash, and Maple. Any combination is available.

The Minimoog Voyager Select Series is showcased within a new Web experience accessible at the Moog website. Users can make backlight and cabinet choices and instantly view photos. The site is also integrated with local dealers. Dealers will have some combinations in stock but all will be available within six weeks of the order date.

Pricing and Availability:?The new customizable options offered are available immediately
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=4093
"There's something wrong about this world in which Clouds sells 5x more than Tides." O.Gillet

analogMan

Post by analogMan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Man I SO want the "white wash" with white light!!!!
Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Real Analog Synths

MC

Post by MC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:25 pm

What, no reverse color keyboard? :twisted:

rg

Post by rg » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:06 pm

Cool! But the LCD display will still always be green... does green go with all those colors? ;) BUZZKILL! lol!

thehouseofdis

White Light / White Heat

Post by thehouseofdis » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:02 pm

analogMan wrote:Man I SO want the "white wash" with white light!!!!
The guys at NovaMusik will be selling this cobination in the very near future, under the name "Lunar". I heard from them a couple weeks ago and they said they would be arriving in a couple of weeks.

I may have to go with the green LEDs and black ash because it reminds me of my Naim stereo, plus the green lights seem like they would be better for your eyes.

Now if we can get some custom MoogerFooger wood options. :D
-dustin (aka DJ van Dis)

15" PowerBook
Traktor 3
Ableton Live
Gretsch 6118
Hagstrom Swede Bass
and hopefully a Voyager and some MoogerFoogers soon!

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:44 pm

I wonder how much it's going to cost to get your electric blue voyager customized with different color lights? I've always wished for red or green but I'd be worrried that changing the blue lights to a different color may be really expensive. Just have to wait and see I guess...

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:37 am

Probably impossible but I would dig getting my Performer Edition lit up white behind the panel. Subtle but a nice touch for those dim nights in the studio.

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:12 am

I dunno, I have always done fine with my little Gooseneck lamp over my Performer.....

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:30 am

Marzzz wrote:I dunno, I have always done fine with my little Gooseneck lamp over my Performer.....
The lamp is ok - kinda hokey - and also tends to not stay put and "goes limp" if you are really wailing away...that is...you have it hanging over the top but if you don't have it angled just right it can "swing the other way" so to speak :-)

elanmak

Post by elanmak » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:36 pm

WHAT!?! no purple?!

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:13 pm

elanmak wrote:WHAT!?! no purple?!
this was my complaint too. with the black ash it'd be so killer. :/
www.ctrlshft.com