Moogspace membership

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
cageswood

Moogspace membership

Post by cageswood » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:23 pm

How and where do i send a subscription to Moogspace?

GregAE

Re: Moogspace membership

Post by GregAE » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:41 am

cageswood wrote:How and where do i send a subscription to Moogspace?
Go to:

https://www.moogmusic.com/members/

and click on the "Become a member" button on the upper right.

- Greg

cageswood

Post by cageswood » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:35 am

I've done that,but how do i susscribe as a paying member after the 60 days is up?

MC

Post by MC » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 am

I'm having a problem logging in. I was given a password but blank username. No worky :(

Cruel Hoax

Guess I'll be keeping my patches to myself, then.

Post by Cruel Hoax » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:54 am

Wait, "paid member"? Ummm....

-Hoax

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:12 am

MC wrote:I'm having a problem logging in. I was given a password but blank username. No worky :(
Same here.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:11 pm

Marzzz wrote:
MC wrote:I'm having a problem logging in. I was given a password but blank username. No worky :(
Same here.
MC - A while back, I sent you a message to your ATT.NET address about contacting the MoogSpace webmaster. He told me he couldn't find your information on file on MS. PM me if you need to.

Marzzz - I'll send you a message offline (PM) to see if I can help you get this sorted out.

- Greg

Amos

Re: Guess I'll be keeping my patches to myself, then.

Post by Amos » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Cruel Hoax wrote:Wait, "paid member"? Ummm....

-Hoax
Hi Hoax! :twisted:

Yeah I had a qualm or two about the paid membership deal... but it looks like the only way this idea can fly. It cost thousands of bucks to develop the MoogSpace software (there is some really cool, custom stuff that isn't even online just yet), plus the extra bandwidth/storage for members to host their audio and files on the site, which I'm hoping more people will do... anyway it cost some heavy cheddar to get the site up and running and so to offset this they are charging I think $13 *per year* for membership. Not free but not exactly highway robbery, either. :)

Cheers,

Amos

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:29 pm

Any changes of mind yet about asking people online for their home address? As I pointed out when this whole thing started, that's a very bad idea.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm

hm? I've never been able to pay for anything online without giving my home address. Now if it was publicly available, that would be bad... is that what's happening, or are they just asking for it (privately) when you sign up? Ther's no reason to worry about Moog having your home address.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 am

Amos wrote: Ther's no reason to worry about Moog having your home address.
I don't know...I've seen your operation. There's some dubious lookin' folk hanging around there... :wink:

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:06 am

How many times do the same points have to be repeated?

Check my original comments on this and you'll see why I raised this issue. It was nothing to do with Moog employees.

The same thing happened with the comments about a paying forum. Several people simply assumed that the main objection was to existing users paying, and focused on what Moog users would get for the money. The important point about the effect on prospective new buyers was ignored, and had to be repeated again and again to make it clear. And it still hasn't ever been noted by Moog. Amos' post just repeats the same misconception yet again.

To save repeating it all yet again, the original discussion was here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:19 am

You've really never given out your home address on the internet? You've never bought anything, or payed a bill? Your info is not truely safe anywhere, if someone really wants it they'll get it.

If your so worried about that, just give a fake home address. Simple.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Well who's going to hack Amazon and say "Wow, this guy bought Cassirer's Language and Myth" for £4.50. Let's break into his place."?

It's quite a different thing when it comes to Moog gear.

Actually Moog do have my name and address already. What bothers me is that they blithely ask for it online with no comment at all on whether the information is going to be taken offline immediately, whether it's encrypted, whatever. No comment - obviously no thought.

That basically sums up this whole thing. No thought until the whole thing's already been designed. I'm not surprised whenever I talk with musicians who've used Moog gear and put the company on the map, all they do is talk wistfully about the days when Bob Moog listened to musicians.

If you want a little ghetto of a few existing Moog users with hardly any passing traffic from prospective new buyers, you're welcome to it.

Sneaker

Post by Sneaker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:43 pm

I am fairly new to analog gear and there were a lot of articles on the Moogspace site that I read and they helped me out immediately.