Seeking the Link to an Extraordinator Moog Performance on YouTube

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Lowboy

Seeking the Link to an Extraordinator Moog Performance on YouTube

Post by Lowboy » Thu May 04, 2023 1:55 pm

Hi,

I am hoping that someone on the forum has also viewed the extraordinary YouTube video I am about to describe and can provide me and everyone with a link to the video for viewing.

I saw the video several years ago and have been trying to find it ever since. It demonstrated incredible “playing” of a Moog synth. I have searched for hours with no luck.

In the video, a performer is playing a Model D, or maybe a Voyager Old School, over a pretty cool backing track. As he is playing, he is manipulating the knobs and switches like a grand master.

Each time he tweaks just one or two knobs or switches, the sound changes substantially, and always a good fit for the music. He did this over the entire track while improvising and perhaps creating 20 to 30 or more different sounds.

His confident and effortless sound shaping really blew my mind. This player struck me as a seat-of-authority on how to play a Moog flagship synth. I am so sorry I did not save the video location.

Has anyone else seen this video?

What separates it from the scores of other Moog videos is the complete command the player has over the instrument, his improvising over the entire length of the backing track, and his ability to create 20 to 30 or more very cool sounds on the fly, effortlessly morphing from one sound to the next.

If you know the whereabouts of this video on YouTube, can you please let us know.

Thanks.

Lowboy
Last edited by Lowboy on Sat May 06, 2023 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Temicxoch

Re: Seeking the Link to an Extraordinator Moog Performance on YouTube

Post by Temicxoch » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:53 pm

Did you ever find this video?

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:15 pm

Lowboy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:55 pm As he is playing, he is manipulating the knobs and switches like a grand master.

His confident and effortless sound shaping really blew my mind. This player struck me as a seat-of-authority on how to play a Moog flagship synth.

What separates it from the scores of other Moog videos is the complete command the player has over the instrument...
Well obviously, you must have seen a video of me. I'm glad someone out there acknowledges my supernova-eclipsing brilliance and godlike supreme command of such a machine. So thank you.

:lol:

But seriously: I think I know of the clip you speak. I'll see if I can find the link

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:01 pm

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:14 am

:D

I don't think that's the video Lowboy is looking for; no backing track here.
It is cool though.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:17 pm

Haha!

Yeah I'm curious now. Viva Extraordinator!!

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:49 pm

I think I know the one you mean but it’s several years since I saw it so not sure I’d be able to find it quickly again.