Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly work on Model D 2016 reissue?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Lowboy

Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly work on Model D 2016 reissue?

Post by Lowboy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi,

I appreciate any help Moog technicians or forum experts can provide. I have two related questions:

1--Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel with automatic centering fit and work properly on a Model D 2016 reissue?

2--If so, can I buy a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly from Moog?

Regards,

Lowboy

emmafrost1

Re: Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly work on Model D 2016 reissue?

Post by emmafrost1 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:21 am

Lowboy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:21 pm Hi,

I appreciate any help Moog technicians or forum experts can provide. I have two related questions:

1--Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel with automatic, centering fit and work properly on a Model D 2016 reissue?

2--If so, can I buy a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly from Moog?

Regards,

Lowboy
While the Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel is designed for the newer version of the Model D, it's difficult to provide a definitive answer without knowing the specific differences between the 2016 and 2022 versions. However, Moog instruments are generally built with compatibility in mind, so it's possible that the pitch wheel assembly could work on your 2016 reissue. To be certain, I recommend reaching out to Moog Music directly or consulting with experts on Moog's official forums to get accurate information regarding compatibility between the two versions.

Moog Music offers various spare parts for their instruments, including pitch wheel assemblies. To inquire about purchasing a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly, you should contact Moog Music directly. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information on availability and pricing.

When contacting Moog Music, it's helpful to provide them with specific details about your Model D 2016 reissue, including the serial number if possible. This will assist them in determining the compatibility and availability of parts for your specific instrument.

Remember to consult with the manufacturer or authorized technicians to ensure compatibility and proper installation, as they have the expertise and knowledge to guide you correctly.

I hope this helps, and I wish you success in obtaining the necessary parts for your Model D synthesizer!

TheDigitalMan

Re: Will a Model D 2022 reissue pitch wheel assembly work on Model D 2016 reissue?

Post by TheDigitalMan » Tue May 23, 2023 1:04 pm

I'm interested in the answer to this as well. Please post if you lean anything from Moog. Thanks.

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Tue May 23, 2023 4:05 pm

FYI I emailed Moog support today and got a response only a couple hours later.

"I'm afraid we are not offering any upgrade or modification options to retrofit parts from the 2022 Model D onto the 2016 models.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards"

Lowboy

Post by Lowboy » Sun May 28, 2023 8:01 am

emmafrost1 and TheDigitalMan:

Thank you for the informative guidance.

Regards,

Lowboy