High Midi latency Model d 2022

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
taichber

High Midi latency Model d 2022

Post by taichber » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:00 pm

My new mini works nice but has a quit high latency when played via midi in.
There is no midi loop. I use a mioXL and have no problems with other synths.
Even my 1978 model d with linctornics midi interface works just fine.

Has anyone found similar problems? Any ideas?

Thanks
Thomas

ameliasarah

Re: High Midi latency Model d 2022

Post by ameliasarah » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:24 am

Anyone else have a Behringer D minimoog clone? I ran into a strange problem. When the D is controlled via MIDI, the attack of the note is delayed by about 15 ms ...With the spacebar counter speed of computers increasing and audio drivers getting better all the time, audio latencies of 3 to 7 ms are realistic. That leaves only about 3 ms of MIDI latency if we want to stay under our target system goal. In terms of jitter, 1 ms is ideal and anything larger than 2 ms will start to affect performance.
To adjust the latency of a system, you adjust the size of the buffers in the ASIO control panel – the lower the buffer size, the lower the latency. It is best to keep to fairly low latencies (buffer sizes) if your system can handle it – about 12 ms or less is usually a good idea.

markwilkins

Re: High Midi latency Model d 2022

Post by markwilkins » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:35 am

taichber wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:00 pm My new mini works nice but has a quit high latency when played via midi in.
There is no midi loop. I use a mioXL and have no problems with other synths.
Even my 1978 model d with linctornics midi interface works just fine.

Has anyone found similar problems? Any ideas?

Thanks
Thomas
This is not useful for solving your issue, but I can provide one data point: When controlling my 2022 Model D from another keyboard through an mioXM, there is no noticeable latency. Playing it from either keyboard (onboard/external) felt identical in terms of response time. Do notice latency in that kind of setup? Or only when controlling it from the DAW?

Mark