Help! Mod-wheel on Minimoog Reissue doesn't do LFO and acts like a pitch-bend

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
ummagumma

Re: Help! Mod-wheel on Minimoog Reissue doesn't do LFO and acts like a pitch-bend

Post by ummagumma » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:21 am

Sweetwater had a good page describing it, and I think if you search the forum here you'll get some hits. I never updated mine so have never done it, just a suggestion

Nitrofunk

Re: Help! Mod-wheel on Minimoog Reissue doesn't do LFO and acts like a pitch-bend

Post by Nitrofunk » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:49 am

I don't think that there is any firmware update available for the Model D - at least there isn't on the Moogmusic-site.
It's really, really disappointing to hear NOTHING from the Moog tech support :-(. A shame for such a beatiful and expensive instrument.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:43 pm

Yeah looks like they took it down, it used to be in the downloads section. Probably best to go thru moog or the dealer anyway. Who did you buy it from?

Firmware version 1.8 was the latest for the 2016 RI.

The 2021 RI may have new firmware, or may not even be compatible with the 2016 firmware.

sdwillingham

Post by sdwillingham » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:21 am

The 2016 firmware is almost surely incompatible with the 2022 re-issue. Although the keyboard processor board appears to be the same (revision dated 2016), the hardware for pitch-bend and mod wheel are very different and dependent on firmware calibrations.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 am

Well hey, maybe that's the problem? It's got the wrong firmware, lol?

Isn't that exactly what's wrong with his synth?