BRIAN ENO

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

BRIAN ENO

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:40 pm

Any fans of BRIAN ENO? I remember him talking about his approach to music. I remember him being associated with
Ambient music. I think he released an album entitled music for airports or was it music from airports? Can’t remember.

VCO

Re: BRIAN ENO

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:44 pm

I read he used the DX7 and of course the Minimoog.

VCO

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:46 pm

Unconventional and influential

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:54 am

I keep hearing about this guy.

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:33 am

He’s known as a producer as well he produced David Bowie I think. I read that he knew how to program the DX7 real well.
I read about him from keyboard magazine years ago. I remember a story where he said that he didn’t have much technical ability like say someone that has piano or keyboard technique but he felt that shouldn’t stop a person from being musical and expressive so I can see why the synthesizer and sampling and recording techniques etc were his device musically speaking. Look how Peter Gabriel used sampling and synths , I consider him to innovative unconventional in some ways yet very expressive. I don’t know much about ambient music but ENOs associated with that genre. He has interesting ideas about music and music production. He designed music apps.. and is very important in regards to electronic music genres. I think he was involved with Roxy Music but my memory could be questionable. I guess it would be easier to look him up than rely on my flawed memory. Take care

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:35 am

I believe he was big into the Minimoog as well.

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:38 am

He produced U2 and others as well.

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:05 am

I went to vintage synth explorer.com it talked about all the hardware synths he used on albums. I read it says he doesn’t really use hardware synths anymore. I guess the software synth revolution has taken over. I still dig hardware synths though. Software has come along way though I guess I’m just old fashion. Have you ever seen that Roli Seaboard?
It seems pretty amazing in terms of new ways to express yourself. Seems like you would have to develop a different approach to keyboard technique. I’ve heard some really realistic electric guitars although I believe it’s hooked up to a laptop running an app. Sounded good it was the best guitar emulation I ever heard combination of the roli controller and the app. Probably big bucks Take care