VINTAGE MULTIMOOG PRICES

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

VINTAGE MULTIMOOG PRICES

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:31 am

I’ve seen vintage multimoogs for sale the prices are astronomical. I believe there were only 1000 made. Some were as high as 3,900 dollars. You could get a used Minimoog voyager with modern features for that. Law of supply and demand
The multimoog was the micro moogs big brother. It featured two oscillators and it even had after pressure. Unusual for the time. No midi of course. I’m sure it sounds good. Of course condition determines prices and whether or not it was serviced. I would be weary of anything that old. Electronics can fail on a synth that old. I read that they had more of a vintage tone. There are a lot better options now. For the asking price you get a grandmother and a subsequent37 new
With modern features and have cash left over. You might even be able to get used a subsequent 37 a used grandmother and a used sequential pro three combined for that asking price of one used mulitimoog. I’m weary of the gouging that goes on in the vintage world of synths. I understand the sonic thing of vintage it’s just at some point you have to say to yourself how much is to much. It seems to me that a lot of that overpricing is common in the vintage world and people are out to capitalize on it. Buyer beware. Just my opinion. Most people don’t have endless resources.
My voyager is7 years old it drifts. Does that mean it has a vintage tone? Lol although I understand purists might be looking for the real deal and don’t consider paying 4,000 dollars to much. Your mileage may vary I’ll just probably stall Out of gas. You dig what you dig you dig to all those wanting a multimoog more power to you