Grandmother compared to a voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

Re: Grandmother compared to a voyager

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:58 am

That model 10 has a limited number run . Makes it really special and valuable. Let alone being a great synth and a part of moog history. It’s great moog has reissued thier modular synths. I think the model 10 came out in 1971. maybe 125 made for the model 10 reissue. The voyager s were made in larger numbers and were made for 13 years. Mine is from 2015. I would never sell it because it’s not about the money it’s about the sound. I think voyagers will only go up in value since there discontinued. I know that only a certain amount of people have an interest in synths. It’s a niche market.
If you decide to sell it I believe you could probably get what you payed for it although I don’t know what you paid. My lunar impact was $3000 but I got it for $2500 used. It’s 7 years old and it drifts a bit. Probably needs recalibrated.
I see sellers on reverb asking for a lot of money for thier voyagers. I don’t think I could ever replace my voyager so it’s priceless for me. I really dont think there will ever be a voyager reissue so maybe that’s something to consider if you choose to sell it. You just have to find the right buyer . Minimoog reissues on reverb are expensive but I think there’s alot of price gouging going on. Voyagers seem more reasonable but expensive as well. Some voyagers are 20 years old if you got one when they came out in 2002. The analog synth market is smaller than the synth market that sells workstations. The modular synth market is even more of a niche. Some people don’t understand why someone would pay thousands of dollars on a monophonic synth. Moog synths are special play one and it will become apparent. I’m sure you know this better than most. Take care

VCO

Re: Grandmother compared to a voyager

Post by VCO » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:18 pm

Hey digital man who is highly analog and modular leaning lol. Have you ever played the seq pro3 ? I don’t think you have one do you? It really is somewhere between a great Analog /digital hybrid monophonic/paraphonic with modular leanings in terms of modulation but don’t have to use physical patch cords. It’s real easy to assign routes and destinations via the knobs. The voyager and the pro3 are different synths and it’s a truly great synth in its own right. The sounds it can get are amazing just as the sounds you can get from a modular yet it’s highly performance oriented yet can be integrated via cv into a modular environment like the voyager. It was voted best synth of 2020 I believe and I can see and hear why. It’s truly a groundbreaking synth yet has ability to sound vintage, futuristic and aggressive. Of all the synths I’ve owned I say the best are the sequential pro1 and sequential pro3 and the obxa and the moog voyager. I have romplers /samplers and physical modeling synths but I put them in a different category. I have the korg arp odyssey but I got it when it came out with the mini keys which I hate. But it sounds good just doesn’t have presets which the voyager and pro3 have so in my opinion they win hands down.