Voyager vs Minimoog reissue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

Voyager vs Minimoog reissue

Post by VCO » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:24 pm

The voyager was discontinued in 2015 and the Minimoog reissue came out in 2016 and was made for only a year
Which synth would you choose if you could only have one and why?

ummagumma

Re: Voyager vs Minimoog reissue

Post by ummagumma » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:00 pm

Voyager has presets, which is very useful.
And way more sound design options.
Check out Tim Shoebridges 2x Voyager vids, they are good

1 https://youtube.com/watch?v=toTBqRwUuHA

2 https://youtube.com/watch?v=8Uvjtll0vfY

D ri sounds amazing though, and is hella fun

I vote for both.

VCO

Re: Voyager vs Minimoog reissue

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:25 am

Right, I know some people say the voyager doesn’t sound like a Minimoog. Close enough for me. It has more modulation capabilities and presets , memory and sync. It would be great to have both but the price of an orginal model D or even a reissue is so prohibitive. The sellers on reverb have ruined it with thier price gouging. Although I don’t see to many getting what thier asking for. And there’s that armen in New York that guy pricing is over the top. Although he has new ones, brand new old stock. I saw what he wanted for a lunar impact new crazy. I have a lunar impact voyager with the flashing lights on the mod and pitch wheel. My voyager is 3.5 and has the the 896 presets.I saw TS on utube and saw him talking about pot mapping, it was deep. I really don’t even close to using my voyagers capabilities. I just work more on scales and lines and pitch bending. A lot of these cats on these forums are heavy into synths and know hot to program them.
I’m just a jazz piano player that loves the Minimoog voyager. Analog Rules lol take care