Dummy plug

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

Dummy plug

Post by VCO » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Has anyone used I guess it’s called a dummy plug on thier Minimoog voyager? The voyagers audio outs are obviously in stereo and from what I’ve read by inserting the plug into one of the
audio outs I would assume the right audio output leaving the left one for mono, it gives the voyager a different sound. I like the fact the voyager is in stereo although I know older synths like the Minimoog model d and the original sequential circuits prophet 5 had only one audio out as well as the new rev4 only having one audio out as well. I read an informative post on Reddit as to why synths were designed like that. The majority of my synths are in stereo actually none are in mono. Was wondering what the voyager would sound like with using the plug. I guess just using one audio out instead of using the plug is not really the same thing from what I recall. I wasn’t sure whether or not this would improve the sound, since taste is subjective. And I also assume the width control is no longer functional for the voyagers filter? Wasn’t sure how the high pass and low pass would be effected by this.
Thanks in advance