Best Delay To Use With voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
VCO

Best Delay To Use With voyager

Post by VCO » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:39 am

Was curious as to which delay some users might be using with thier Minimoogs or Minimoog voyagers. Thanks in Advance

ummagumma

Re: Best Delay To Use With voyager

Post by ummagumma » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:44 pm

I use an old Roland D7 rackmount a lot, since it's stereo & programmable.

For mono it's hard to beat a real tape echo. Although there's lots of VST emulations now.

VCO

Re: Best Delay To Use With voyager

Post by VCO » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:57 am

I use a Roland space echo, but it’s the digital pedal It’s in stereo. I have a ensoniq DP4 as well. Plus some old midiverbs
The real space echo is great but unrealistic for me due to cost and maintenance. Roland came out with a new space echo pedal with some added features and some different head configuration s. I think it would be difficult to find an original space echo RE 201 and quite expensive. I remember those maestro echoplexs as well. There are companies that make tape echoes now. I know a guy that has a Minimoog voyager anniversary edition and some moog Foogers he bought used and I remember how his tape echo tape would unravel and fall on the floor. So I opted for the RE201 digital pedal lol. The real thing sounds great and adds character but is problematic for all the mentioned reasons
There are so many great options now. Years ago in the 70s there were a few major players in the game. And guitar players used the tape echo not only for the effects but thier tone as well. I think I remember Tony banks using a space echo. Take care