Any ideas on how to transport Minimoogs without the original box?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Smoker11

Any ideas on how to transport Minimoogs without the original box?

Post by Smoker11 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:40 am

I threw my Voyager's original box away like a piece of trash. Now that I want to sell it, the synth is heavy and has a really unusual design. This is coming from a seasoned shipper and seller of synthesisers. I'm not aware of a box or case that could transport it without harm. Any advice would be much appreciated!

VCO

Re: Any ideas on how to transport Minimoogs without the original box?

Post by VCO » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:51 pm

I have a moog case that was made for the voyager. I’ve never shipped it though, so that’s something different. The case reminds me of those cases that were made in the 70s that you would take on airplanes. The case has a handle on it, . I got it as a present I believe those cases went for 350 to 500 dollars although that case was purchased on sale. I am hesitant to really ship anything. Being I once used to work for ups and saw how things got processed. Maybe you could find one of those cases used although that would be more costly for you but maybe you can find a deal. The case I have also has wheels. If you are near any music retailers maybe they have some boxes they might let you have since they get rid of boxes after there done displaying musical instruments.