Lag Processor to Get Modular-Style Portamento?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Strider

Lag Processor to Get Modular-Style Portamento?

Post by Strider » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:24 pm

I was wondering if there was a way to use the Voyager's lag processor (or eurorack module or otherwise) to change the kind of portamento/glide on the voyager. If I recall correctly, the old modular systems had an exponential glide, which isn't a feature on the voyager, so I was wondering if there was a method to achieve this with a module.

Patching the Kb pitch output from the lag processor to the pitch CV in seems to affect the glide, but it also changes the keyboard's pitch and sends it way out of tune, while attenuating/offsetting nullifies glide from the lag processor.

Any thoughts on this?

Strider

Re: Lag Processor to Get Modular-Style Portamento?

Post by Strider » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:52 pm

Ok so I think I've figured out what my problem is. The voyager XL's KBD pitch out, when patched to the pitch input, has an additive effect to the keyboard's CV per note already built in. I was hoping to use the lag processor to make my own glide effect, as pitch change through the lag processor sounds much more like the modular's glide.

I personally like the exponential glide of the modulars a lot more. Maybe someone has an idea on how to achieve that?