Minimoog Voyager Select Series Display screen/no sound issue + burn smell

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
makoo

Minimoog Voyager Select Series Display screen/no sound issue + burn smell

Post by makoo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi guys .. sorry for my bad english (no longer in training).

I am guy who lives in an Italian island, a bit far from big cities with big service centers.
I had a issue with my Minimoog and I would like to share it with you, maybe for some good suggestions.

- From some months I was noticing a malfunction in my Voyager display screen.
The first screen that calls up the presets.The characters faded and then became clear and legible again.
After I used a bit my synth, this problem was gone. Anyway it made sounds normally.

- One day I turned on the machine but the display gave instead the problems that you can observe in the videos I am attaching with this post.
I also tried to play by using the keys (as you can also notice in the first video), but my Minimoog did not emit any sound.
I tried with headphones and only with the volume at the maximum, I could hear some very distant (almost imperceptible) noise.
I waited assuming it was a low battery problem, and I tried scrolling through the display functions screens , observing that some screen were not giving any graphics problems.

I tried to turn it off and after some time I tried to turn it on again but I smelled a burning smell and immediately I turned it off the machine.
From that moment , I have never turned on the Voyager again.
(The smell of burning is still a little noticeable by putting the nose close to the display).

Has anyone experience on this problem?
In your opinion, is this a problem that will be solved?

Thank you in advance,
Marco

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CmDEbO ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IjOK2V ... sp=sharing
MiniMoog Voyager Select Series