Update of Voyager Max4Live device from MOSCO for Ableton. Please feedback UI and planed features.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
rberg

Update of Voyager Max4Live device from MOSCO for Ableton. Please feedback UI and planed features.

Post by rberg » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Hi,

I'm updating the MOSCO Max4Live for Abteton device (free software).

Curent version:
It stays in sync with your voyager, so that you save your presets with the Ableton project
It eases automation
It can send all params from Ableton to the precious. But it cannot read it back.

My plan:
Allow setting filter slopes
Allow reading the current panel settings !!!
Make UI more similar to Voyager RME UI
Fix bug that sometimes lead to 5 step jumps when r/w is done in parallel

I mostly use it to store the preset along with the project, like Access Virus does.

Please feedback on the planned feature set and on the UI. I'd like to stick with standard controls (unlike Afturmath did, which I also like a lot). The right part might need some drafting.

Anything missing (besides the filter slopes that I added) ?

Thanks for your feedback,
Pumping Alien

djwillderness

Re: Update of Voyager Max4Live device from MOSCO for Ableton. Please feedback UI and planed features.

Post by djwillderness » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Ability to browse patches by name and send with program change.

Here is a .midnam with the patch names and program changes

https://github.com/willdaly/voyager

Afturmath

Re: Update of Voyager Max4Live device from MOSCO for Ableton. Please feedback UI and planed features.

Post by Afturmath » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:54 am

Sounds very similar to my update from 2018-2019 for the XL. Mine also has a bang to get current values. I never got around to the preset manager. I originally had mod/pedal on the left similar to the panel layout, but I found that I could make the device less wide by moving them over to the right. This improved the UX on certain older Macbook displays (low res). Probably less of a concern for a non-XL version without the LFO2 section.

FYI I fixed a lot of bugs with parameter mappings. I do not remember the full list, but I suggest digging into the values in my device if you encounter issues. Feel free to copy the mixer section as well as long as you add an attribution. Per Mosco's license, you should also credit his work somewhere in your device.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5 ... controller

Filter slope has no MIDI mapping, so how did you add those?

Side note: I finally bought full Max 8 since publishing the XL editor, as opposed to using the bundled Max4Live version. This is inspiring me to update with preset management and release it as a VST.