minimoog model D plays just one note

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
tette

minimoog model D plays just one note

Post by tette » Sat May 01, 2021 3:31 am

Hallo ! I have very carefully cleaned the bars and small springs , contacts and pots . Have had the componentcards out and contacts cleaned . Measured +10,0 VDC and - 10,0 VDC . Replaced all original (9 pieces) electrolythic caps on one card + the two mainfiltercaps of 1000uF/ 35 V . The minimoog worked just fine and I played for about 15 minutes when suddenly just ONE note sounded , whatever key I played...... Have checked the bars and small springs again but they seem alright . What can be wrong ? Thanks for some advice ... Regards Staffan in Sweden
( the owner says he sometimes clean the bars with propylalcohol and it works again for a while....)

tette

Re: minimoog model D plays just one note

Post by tette » Mon May 03, 2021 1:22 pm

I must answer my own question ! The problem with the single note all over the keyboard
was that must have come in contact with an orange switch at the left side of the instrument .
The switch is marked : " osc. Control " . Just flip it over and the minimoog works . I know too little about these
instruments .

till

Re: minimoog model D plays just one note

Post by till » Wed May 05, 2021 5:40 am

But the OSC CONTROL is just switching keyboard tracking of the third oscillator on or off. The other two oscillators should not change by this switch. I got a vintage and a reissue Minimoog here.

If it does change the first two oscillators, there is something strange happening.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16