Some presets return no sound at all

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
midest6

Some presets return no sound at all

Post by midest6 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 am

Dear all,
I am having this issue:
when I am browsing presets, some of them return no sound at all, especially the bass and the percussion ones.
What is really interesting is that when I use the headphones as the output source I am getting a nice fat sound and also from not of all the presets BUT when I am using the right and left outputs I am only getting sound out of a limited amount of presets.
I am using balanced cables for both occasions.
Is it a problem with the output board?
I really tried everything, went through the manual, reset the Voyager, reloaded the presets but still most of the presets just do not produce/return no sound at all.
The Voyager is my beloved gear..and here in Greece is extremely difficult to find something like a service station
Any help/advice is greatly appreciated...I am kind of lost and devastated...

till

Re: Some presets return no sound at all

Post by till » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:27 am

Some questions and tests:
Do you use the Voyager keybed for playing? If yes, undo all MIDI cables and test again.

If you use a external keyboard, disconnect the MIDI Output of the Voyager for some testing.

If you tested it via the keybed, try using a MIDI source. And if you use a external keybed, use the built in to test if this changes the symptoms.

Please name us a preset that does play fine and another that does not. So we can check if there are certain parameters used in one of them. Please use a factory preset. Both at the same bank (if possible). And also tell us the Bank and number for easier location.

What Firmware version are you using?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16