>>> Paul Schaffer's Voyager <<<

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Analog Tom

>>> Paul Schaffer's Voyager <<<

Post by Analog Tom » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:34 pm

Has anyone else noticed the Voyager sitting behind Paul Schaffer every night on Letterman?
http://www.formusiciansonly.com

GregAE

Re: >>> Paul Schaffer's Voyager <<<

Post by GregAE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:22 am

Analog Tom wrote:Has anyone else noticed the Voyager sitting behind Paul Schaffer every night on Letterman?
Yep. Paul's had the Voyager for a while now, but never seems to play it (maybe it's MIDI'd into his rig, but I never seen him actually touch the keys).

Moog Music mentioned it in one of their news items a few years ago.

- G

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Does he play at all, most of the time it looks like he just slaps his hands on his JD800. I can imagen how bad it must sound but you can’t here it… Are they really connected? :wink:
Gearlist: Andromeda A6, Emu E4XT Ultra, Korg MS20, Minimoog Model D (incl.MIDI), Minimoog Voyager AE, Roland Jupiter-8 (MIDI), RE-301, Prophet~5 (Rev3.3 incl MIDI), Poly Evolver Keyboard, Pro~One, Prophet 08, Synthesizers.com Custom Studio-44

dizz

Post by dizz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:32 pm

I've seen him play it once. He was using a bass patch and the touch pad to sweep the filter up and down. I've also heard that unmistakeable classic resonant Moog bass a couple of times. BTW, although I rarely watch it, Jimmy Kimmel's band has a Lil' Phatty.

regards,

dizz

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 am

Demokid wrote:Does he play at all, most of the time it looks like he just slaps his hands on his JD800. I can imagen how bad it must sound but you can’t here it… Are they really connected? :wink:
I always thought he used the JD as a master controller. A lot of times he augments the horn section with a synth brass sound (played from the JD), but I have no idea which keyboard(s) are actually producing that sound - via MIDI it could be any instrument.

I've seen Paul playing the Oberheim and 'Kurz on his right (facing the guitar/bass/drums), and occassionally the acoustic piano on his left. Once in a while he also accompanies the musical guest artist.

There's no doubt that Paul is a very talented and accomplished musician, but he can be pretty wacky at times, and the wild glasses and (sometimes) strange clothing only reinforce this impression.

- G