Voyager XL (Tolex) - Note Always On/Latch and Knobs Not Responding

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
w00fa

Voyager XL (Tolex) - Note Always On/Latch and Knobs Not Responding

Post by w00fa » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 pm

hello! I've started experiencing a weird issue with my Voyager XL Tolex. it constantly plays the last note I hit, as if latch is on (it's not), and most knobs don't do anything - this includes cutoff, and even the master volume! - the fine tune knob works, as well as oscillator on/off switches and osc volume knobs).

this only happens on the main output. the headphones output behaves normally (notes play only on keyboard gate, knobs work, etc.)

has anyone experienced this? anything I'm missing and can try to snap the machine out of this?

thanks!
-w

till

Re: Voyager XL (Tolex) - Note Always On/Latch and Knobs Not Responding

Post by till » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:15 pm

Knobs working depending on if you use the headphone or line out?

Wired!!!!

I can't think of any cause for such symptoms except you use the MIXER OUT/FILTER IN socket as line out.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Markyboard

Re: Voyager XL (Tolex) - Note Always On/Latch and Knobs Not Responding

Post by Markyboard » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:49 pm

Check both the left and right main outputs jacks. Are they both exhibiting the same behavior? Chances are one or both of the op-amps (dual op amp IC) controlling the final Left/Right output is bad or one of the components/connections controlling one of those op amps has become faulty.