Voyager fading sustain issue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
jorsh

Voyager fading sustain issue

Post by jorsh » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find anyone with this issue previously.

I use my Voyager's EG On/External switch frequently for drones/audio-in processing and noticed recently that the volume doesn't actually sustain forever. I turn both sustains all the way up and still every few minutes have to flip the switch or the sound just fades out very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?

I use the CV expander but currently nothing is plugged into it. Also, I used to have a "pot mapping" function set up where the vol. sustain knob also controlled something else. I don't remember what it was now, but I wonder if maybe that could have had something to do with the sustain going out. I updated to the latest firmware, but that didn't fix it. If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Acid Mitch

Re: Voyager fading sustain issue

Post by Acid Mitch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 pm

To make sure it’s not pot mapping just select a different patch and then flip the env. gate switch and set sustain.
I think you might have to make sure that decay knobs/values are below 128 or something.